Saturday, 1 May 2010

April 365 Journal pages

Somehow or other, April has been and gone and it still only feels like Feb, but I have still stayed up to date and finished on time.


It's not been the most eventful month and I spent the last part of it being a bit grumpy it seems!


I seem to have been a fair bit worse this month healthwise as the slightest thing has taken a while to get over, but I'm still plodding on. In fact, I'm starting an art journal and am going to work through the rough stuff in there and see if it helps. If not, I'll have had fun getting messy which is the most important thing.


I've done the May pages too and used the new Paperartsy Hot Picks stamps as I love them. I'm going to be doing the wonky days again as it suits me.


I've posted these next 2 projects on ~{Tando}~ today. They were so much fun to make but, as I expected, I have lost them to the Magpie. I knew it would happen as I finished them off here. This frame with Jess in it has been finished off with fimo bones - I decided not to bother making them anatomically correct as my radiography days are a dim and distant memory now, but I think they can pass as bones.


This one has been made using a Stampotique stamp which is really cute. I've used Tim's floral die again and primas.


Kaz xx

10 comments:

Kirsti said...

I love your April pages with the Stampotique guys and gals...Was supposed to do a class the other night using them but it was cancelled due to lack of numbers wich was a shame...Your May ones are looking great too..xoxo

Sue said...

I love your doggy photo frame Kaz, i'm not surprised you don't get to take it home.
Loving the colours on your pages as well.
Sue x

Karen said...

Awe sweetie, I do hope May is a happier month for you. What we need is sunshine eh!!! Love your pages for May too!

Ahh so you did make those bones...clever girl! XXX

Angie said...

Love your pages May is beautiful.

I too was a Radiographer ...before I was a mum ... but found it too hard to get back to it 12 years later ...I think its easier nowadays..'Cupboard Crafter' is one too. The bones look great.

Traceyr said...

Kaz wow to your April pages they look great - hope May is alot better healthwise and I'm sure around the 14-17th will be fantastic ;) Loving the background on May's pages too

Those frames are brilliant - is that Lucy in the orange dress on the last frame? haha

:)

Angelnorth said...

The pages look fab Kaz! Hope May is a better month health-wise for you, you've certainly got the pages off to a sunny start with the colours (and those stamps do look fab!) so let's hope that bodes well.

Hazel said...

Sorry my blog hopping has been limited recently, but just catching up now with all your recent fab crafting - and, of course, Jess, too - love your art journal pages - and so well organised to have May ready. I won't leave a comment on everything I've missed but just to say I think your DCM die cut entry is fab x

chrisg said...

Hi Kaz
Hoping May will be as bright and zety as your May pages for you.
I love your April pages - who couldn't love those Stampoteque characters.
A great book for inspiration for your journal "Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression by Sharon Soneff - Only got it Saturday but very inspirational. Good luck with your Journal.

Sarita said...

Such fab work Kaz, all of it.
Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a rough time, hope you feel better soon,
Love Sarita xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Love your April pages with the Stampotique cuties :-) Sorry to hear you haven't been well - hope May is a better month for you. An art journal will surely help. Love the look of the start of your May pages. We are a third of the way through now, well done for keeping up! Kate