Friday, 28 May 2010

DCM - Anniversary

This week's ~{DCM}~ is to make an Anniversary card and I fancied doing a bit of simple crafting so I've used the reverse side of some patterned papers that just look a bit distressed. I really liked the two colours together even though they are by different manufacturers.



I've used a Martha Stewart border punch to apply a bit of detail. When it came to the flowers though, I didn't have a purply one to match, so I painted a white one with Viva Precious Metal paint in lilac. I then had to paint the other flower with Pearl acrylic paint so it shimmered too. See that is why you always have to have lots of stuff in different colours so you can match them up. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous card, the paint has worked a treat! :)

Vanessa.

Janice said...

I like the way you have the two hearts together, clever thing you are!

Kathy said...

oh, lovely card Kaz, that colour combo is fab and I love all the layers.

Hazel said...

Love the colour combo and the shimmer of the flowers - it's a super card x

Lynda said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Kaz.

Love Lynda xxx

Jo said...

this is such a fab card
jo x

Julia Dunnit said...

Anotehr stunner Kaz. Couldn't agree with you more about the need for all the colours! Award for you over at my place.

Katy said...

wow super cute Kaz so pretty. xx

Traceyr said...

Simply elegant Kaz :)

Bettythebaglady said...

Mix it-that's when the magic happens-lovely. Agree about the different colours. Hugs BettyXXX

Anne said...

Lovely card! I found you through Julia's Stamping Ground blog - and I'm pleased I did!

Mahlin said...

Thanks for commenting my blog. You´re so sweet! And what a cute card. I love those borderpunches!

Karen said...

hehe thats my excuse too!!!! Gorgeous card my lovely XXX

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful card Kaz, love the colour combo :)
Anne xx