Tuesday, 4 May 2010

DCM Easel Does It - I may have gone over the top

It all seemed so simple in my head. A flower shaped easel card for this weeks ~{DCM}~. Tim's dies and a big flower and a bit of doodling. I had the idea for this on Saturday and, as we were having a visit to my parents, I knew I could nip into home and cut the flowers all ready (I'm at Lynne's at the mo) and I did. I was so pleased I was organised. Then it came to making it.


I'm not quite convinced that the big flowers work, but that was the idea so I'm sticking with it. I cut them freehand and it took a bit of snipping here and there to get them to the right size. Once that was done it was on with the doodling. I'd cut loads of layers (I had to, I'm with the Magpie this week and knew I'd need spare) and it took forever.

I've layered them all up and stuck them into place then given them a bit of movement by fluffing them up. All finished off with a few bead caps.

Not quite sure how it'll fit in an envelope though!

And seeing as I'm at Lynne's it would be a shame not to include a photo of Jessie, who is growing a lot and is teething at the mo. She lost 2 teeth yesterday and another one this afternoon. Goodness knows how she's managing to eat anything! This is her 'chase me' look!

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Sue said...

That flower certainly makes a statement Kaz. I love your doodling.
Sue x

Janice said...

Oh goodness, that is a real statement flower, I love it!

Lythan said...

that is a WONDERFUL card Kaz :)

Gez said...

WOW! FAB card Kaz. Very special. Looks like it must have taken ages. You are so clever..xx
Lovely to see Jessie. :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that's a stunner! Wish my ideas cam out so well! Sweet Jessie, her 'chase me' look is a lot like mine....

Karen said...

WOW I am loving that big flower Kaz!!! The whole thing looks fab honey XXX

Kathy said...

Your card is fantastic Kaz and worth all the trouble you took with it.
I sent one of mine to my SIL for her birthday and getting it into an envie was a bit of a squeeze! At least I knew it would be going into a jiffy with a few other things so I didn't need to worry too much about it going through the post on it's own

Lynda said...

This is totally amazing Kaz - what a fabulous flower!

Love Lynda xxx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Wow Kaz! That is one huge floral creation! I luvs it! xxx

Angelnorth said...

I'm thinking a matching box might be in order if you're thinking of actually posting that! It looks fab though - definitely not a shrinking violet, that one!

Traceyr said...

Brilliant easel card there Kaz. Love the giant flower. :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is what I need