Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Good News and Good Times

Following this weekend, I have a bit to catch up on. First of all the good news. I've been invited to join the Stampotique DT, which has got me extremely excited as anyone who knows me knows I love their stamps. I really hope that I can fit in well with such brilliant designers and not make a berk out of myself in the process!!

To celebrate, I have joined in with the current challenge, which is to use a template. I made this at the retreat this weekend for Tracey, who finds the Daniel Torrente people a bit spooky!


The template I used initially was for semi-circles that folded in, but it involved too much thinking so I cheated and just cut the folds at an angle! I've used a circle of grungeboard to hold it closed. Once open, it reveals 2 of the people with a message:


Luckily, my goodie bag contained small magnets which fitted perfectly as I hadn't taken any ribbon with me, although there were many offers from everyone. The papers are Fancy Pants and I've used Adirondak inks for the base.

The good times in the title refers to the retreat. This year we returned to the same cottage in Shropshire, but this time it was a full house of 14. They provided us with tables that we arranged so we could all gossip while we crafted.


This was my desk (I don't think I'll be WOYWWing this week): It's not a beer on my desk, it's just water with a touch of food colouring. However, I will admit to those chocs that was part of my goodie bag - which is the butterfly bag I chose. It came from Di, so I had a few bits of Tando
chipboard to play with.



On Saturday I joined in a class to make this bracelet from wire and beads and buttons. It was a bit fiddly as my lengths of wire kept knocking beads onto the floor, but once I'd got to the bit of adding the beads etc, it all made sense and I shall be making some more. And yes, the Magpie did ask if she could have it! Nasty auntie Kaz has refused. Mind you I have enough beads and wire with me to make one with her and another one for my sis who wants one too.



We also made tags with messages on for the other retreaters to go in their journals, but as there were so many of us this year, it took up a lot of time, so we will probably do something different next year. These are the ones I made. Oh would you look at me using Stampotique stamps?!


So at the end of the weekend this is what was on my desk. The 2 monkeys are mine that went along - I am sure there will be plenty of photos of me on other blogs with my babies so I won't post one. I won the tote bag, sweet kebabs and alpha stamps in the raffle that raised £200 for Action for ME - thanks girls x. You can see the contents of the goodie bag next to it. And I'd like to add here that I didn't eat any of those chocs. And do you know why?? Rachel ate most of them!!!!!! Lynne had one or two, but not Lucy or me. We have been stuffin the sweet kebabs as we love marshmallows.

Twisty is sporting the bag charm I made and there is an almost finished journal page on there too.
At the moment I am not sure how or when I am returning home, so I will just have to enjoy spending time with Jessie until I do.

Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Anesha said...

Stunning pieces and love the card. Congrats. Anesha

Karen said...

Brilliant brilliant news about the DT sweetheart...am soooo chuffed for you!

Awe what a lovely post about the retreat! Love the card....I wondered what you were making hahaha HUGS XXX

Summerthyme Studio said...

LOVE your creations Kaz! So excited to have you on our team. You are one talented lady and will make a wonderful addition!

Hugs

Vicki

chrisg said...

HUGE -make that a MEGA HUGE Congrats on being invited to join the Stampotique design team Kaz - thoroughly deserved.
looks like you had a successful retreat too - love your journal page.
Well done again on your achievement.

Basement Stamper said...

Sounds like you had a blast at your retreat and welcome to the DT! I think you will fit in just dandy with us.

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your retreat, lovely to see your photos.

Hazel said...

Big congrats for joining the Stampotique DT (not surprised though) - and thanks for sharing the retreat photos - love the card you did for Tracey x

Cardarian said...

Really good news that you are on the Stampotique DT! Congrats! I got my first 2 stamps for my birthday from my daughter and I am still in the phase of stroking them but they will be inked up soon! I really love that card with the "scary" people saying they are not scary - they are LOVELY!!!
Enjoy your retreat to the full and thank you for sharing your "good times" with us!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Gez said...

FANTASTIC news about the DT Kaz...Have fun.xx
Lovely to see your retreat pics. Your journal is looking FAB! Hope Lucy gets a bracelet soon. Don't stop nagging Lucy!
I'm in awe at your tags Kaz. Blimey they must have taken you ages! Glad you had fun. I might get to join you one day!!
Great post Kaz. Thanks for sharing.xx

airing cupboard crafts said...

Oh Kaz it looks like you had an amazing time at the retreat. The tags you made are wonderful. Congratulations on the design team you deserve it what you do with those stamps are amazing xx

Linby said...

very big congrats on the DT post - how fab. Love your bracelet and those tags.
Linbyx

Kathy said...

wow! what a fab post - so much to see and read!

Great news on the DT I just know you'll create some amazing stuff with those stamps

Angelnorth said...

Looking forward to seeing some more Stmapotiqueness from you and I'm sure you'll keep the berk quota to a minimum ;) Great retreat piccies, so glad you had fun and I love the card you made for Tracey!

Traceyr said...

Kaz your card has pride of place on my desk - it is lovely and orangey :)

Well done on the DT you are a worthy crafter to receive it - even if I'm still not convinced that those stamps aren't scary!

:)

thekathrynwheel said...

Massive congratulations :-)