Friday, 25 June 2010

DCM - Ice and Snow

It's my last dare today as Guest Designer at ~{DCM}~ and it has been a privilege to be joining in with such talented ladies, so a big thank you to each and every one of them for inviting me.

But before I show this week's card I'll announce the winners of my blog candy for the ~{Nikki Sivil}~ goodie bags.

I used Random.org and got the numbers 10 and 15, so Tracy and Jo, your prizes will be sent on to you when I get home.

This week's dare is 'Ice and Snow' and is set by Keryn who lives in New Zealand, where it's winter at the mo. I didn't have any stash with me for a Christmas card so I had to improvise and came up with a set of grumpy snow-dogs.


They are a Stampotique stamp by Kristen Powers that I've masked and restamped then just added a bit of shading and some red noses with glossy accents on them. I've used a tiny bit of blue acrylic paint and added some of Lucy's glitter glue. In fact, I used the last of it and it took a lot of squeezing! I've just finished off with some lettering by studio g stamps - I am addicted to these at the mo, but I did manage to restrain myself from doodling the edges.

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Karen said...

hehe you have the most amazing ideas Kaz!!! I would never have thought of this take on it!!! Its just brilliant my lovely. HUGS XXX

Lythan said...

I love the idea of grumpy snow dogs and how you have put the card together. It has been wonderful to have you as a Guest Designer on DCM :)

tracy said...

they don't look too pleased to be in the snow LOL.....great card :)

Lynda said...

This month has gone far too quickly Kaz - it's been great having you on the Team and I hope you'll join us again. This card really made me chuckle - what a great take on the dare. I love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Angelnorth said...

Great take on it - limited supplies can force you into extra creativity, I reckon! I'm not surprise they're grumpy if they have to sit donw for long on the cold, cold snow though!

Rein said...

sweet card, love the red noses.

Janice said...

Not a dog card surely Kaz! Funny card!

Well done to Tracy and Jo!

Willy said...

What a cute card, Kaz!

Hazel said...

Congrats to the winners. What a cool card, Kaz - super response to the challenge x

Caroline said...

Fab card Kaz - love the grumpy dog....x

Carol said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Would love to see your 'doodling'!!

Kathy said...

I love your grumpy snow dogs, Kaz. They made me smile the moment I saw them

Traceyr said...

tee hee brilliant Kaz, well done on the doodling restraint - but I bet it's back soon haha.

:)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! My blog candy arrived!!!! Thankyou so much it was a really lovely suprise!!

:0)))))))))))))))) excellent!!