Friday, 11 June 2010

DCM - The world is your oyster

Here's my second offering as guest DT member for ~{DCM}~ and this week Kathy has asked us to celebrate all the amazing and diverse countries and cultures we have in this world of ours by making cards with a "feel" of any country you like.

Well I had to go with this one didn't I?


Of course, it's Transylvania. I couldn't think of anything else and Batboy seems so at home there with his friends. All 3 stamps are coloured with Copics and the sky and grass are coloured with Distress Inks with a bit of doodling thrown in.

I hand cut the castle and used Black Soot to colour it.

Hop over to the blog to see lots of other inspiration from the DT members and have a go too.

Kaz xxx

16 comments:

Lynda said...

I LOVE this card Kaz and I had to chuckle at the sentiment! You've definitely converted me - I've ordered some of these little 'beauties'... well mostly girly ones!

Love Lynda xxx

Lythan said...

this is stupendous Kaz. You've made me fall in love with the critters too!

Karen said...

haha so you to pick this country! This is just brilliant Kaz XXX

Kathy said...

This is just soooo much fun. I think we've all been waiting for these guys to make an appearance!
Brilliant idea Kaz

Janice said...

Lovely photo from the retreat there Kaz lol lol lol!

Another Stampotique triumph. XXX

Angie said...

The card is little spooky ...well I suppose it should be lol ...but the sentiment made me smile ...love the two kinds of colouring you used. xx

Caroline said...

Fab card Kaz, and a great idea for the theme...x

Hazel said...

Perfect card for the challenge - love those hills x

Traceyr said...

Good use of those scary stamps in a great setting. :)

airing cupboard crafts said...

Kaz I love your cards those stamps make me chuckle so much I just keep imagining my mums face if I put one on a card for her lol xx

Nine said...

An award for you on my blog.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Could've been anywhere in the UK with a castle I reckon aswell as Transylvania lol...I used to know a few blokes like that rofl. Love those hills and the grassy texture.

Angelnorth said...

Congrats on the DCM guest slot! This is fab, really made me chuckle!

thekathrynwheel said...

This is absolutely brill. I love the d epth you have achieved - v clever!

Carol said...

LOve this Kaz! It's a reunion of sorts in Transylvania! I love Batboy's little fangs.......great colors too!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card, love the wish you were here?