Tuesday, 15 June 2010

I think I'm obsessed ...

... with blue. I seem to be using it for all the things I've been making this week. The dotty paper on the first card has all been used up - it's on another project not finished yet - and i've made 3 other cards with it on that haven't been received yet.

This card is for my sister's FIL. Such a shame I got the 80 wonky. I blame the skeleton leaves and not myself.



This second card has seen me re-acquainted with an old love, glimmer mists. I went a bit mad with them and now have lovely Jazz Blue fingernails. It's difficult to see on the photos though, but the coloured paper is a combination of the blue and Candlelight, then stamped and rub-ons added. The letters are American Craft glitter ones that are white, but have been attacked by the Glimmer mist. I've cut the bird out of the remains of the sprayed paper.


The card itself is a ziggy zaggy thingy. I'm sure there's a proper name for this type of card, but I don't know what it is. I'll be writing the message on the back patterned bit. It's all a bit technical isn't it?!

Kaz xx

7 comments:

Karen said...

hahaha I can just see you with Jazz blue nails...probably match my toes!!!!! Both these cards are perfect Kaz. I do love the glimmer mists you have used...now...I think I have some somewhere haha HUGS XXX

Wipso said...

Blue is my fav colour and I really love both of these cards.
A x

Hazel said...

Perfect card - your dad will so love it. And the 80th is lovely - great shade of blue - is the 80 glossy accented? x

Angelnorth said...

These are fab! The 80 is only just wonky, I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't drawn attention to it so I'm sure it will pass muster with its recipient! Great father's day card (yikes, I need to make one of those!), love the coloured inner bit!

Kathy said...

Two fabulous cards Kaz. I agree with Joanne - no-one would really notice so don't worry about it. I love the little birdie and the big heart - your dad will love it too

Traceyr said...

Brilliant cards Kaz. I especially like your Dad's one that bird has come out really well.

Zig zag card is the right term is it not? Can't think either what else it would be called - haha!

:)

Rein said...

Beautiful cards!