Friday, 4 June 2010

More exciting news!

I've been invited to be a Guest Designer for ~{Daring Cardmaker's}~ for June which is fab for me. I remember when this blog started, back in the day when challenge blogs were few and far between. I was totally in awe of the cards that were made by the DT and thought I would never be able to make anything I would wish to share on the net. It took a while before I joined in, but then you couldn't stop me! I credit them with teaching me so many new and varied techniques, along with costing me a small fortune in the process! So you can imagine how chuffed I was when I was invited.

So here we are in the sixth month of the year (isn't 2010 whizzing by?).
The birthstone for June is the
Pearl
We'd like you to use lots and lots of beautiful pearls on your cards this week - or maybe you'll take inspiration from Pearls in another way, for instance the Pearl symbolises loyalty, faithfulness and friendship and is associated with modesty, chastity and purity.

I decided to go down the friendship route as I have this gorgeous stamp from Paperbag Studios.

I've used some MME paper, a bit of lace and some Prima flowers with pearly gems in the centres. I've posted this to a very good friend of mine although it may not have got there yet!

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Wipso said...

Congrats to you :-)
A x

Traceyr said...

Beautiful card Kaz - don't often see you doing pink?

Well done on the Design Team you are brilliant!

:)

Rein said...

Gorgeous card, love the vintage look!

Karen said...

Brilliant news that you are on the DT for a while....so proud of you!!! Totally gorgeous card, lovely vintage style XXX

Lythan said...

What a lovely thing to say Kaz. We look forward to seeing all your brilliant work. And this great vintaegy card is a wonderful start to the month!

Kathy said...

We're so chuffed you were able to join us this month and we hope you'll have a fab time.
I love the way you've combined the pearls with the symbolism here. It's a lovely image and the colours are just beautiful

Janice said...

Beautiful card Kaz. I know exactly how you feel, I was gobsmacked when they asked me to do a guest DT as well. Enjoy it, they are all lovely and so supportive.

tracy said...

great news about the design team kaz :)
i love this card :)

Angie said...

love that piece ...the components just gel together ... I so LOVE your journal pages too

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kaz, and congratulations!

Vanessa said...

A gorgeous and elegant card :) Its really lovely to have you and your fabby creations with us. :)

Vanessa.

Basement Stamper said...

congratulations, well deserved!!!

Lynda said...

Awww Kaz I know exactly where you are coming from - I used to join in with DCM long before I had a blog and I too was nervous of joining in proper. So glad we both did now. Your card is beautiful it all works so perfectly together.

Love Lynda xxx

Hazel said...

Congrats, Kaz - so well deserved. Love the card x