Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Stampotique Designer's Challenge - Freedom

........ or .... the bird strikes back.

The latest challenge on ~{SDC}~ is entitled Freedom and what it means to you. At first we were aiming towards the 4th of July as well, but we decided to make it more general as, I for one, was struggling!


I didn't want it to look like I'd just added a token US flag in one of his hands, so I used the flag colours and some stars cut from one of my fave Cuttlekids die sets.

I decided that I'd let ~{Bird Gotta Fly}~ have the freedom and ~{Twinkie}~ would have to be the one in the cage which, of course, is a Tim Holtz one.

There are some gorgeous pieces over on ~{the Blog}~ so hop on over and have a peep at them, and then it would be great if you joined in too. Don't forget there is a chance you could be picked at random to win $15 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Shop}~. For this challenge we are asking that you use Stampotique stamps on your project.

Kaz xxx

18 comments:

Kathy said...

ohhh this is great! I really laughed out loud when I saw it. This could be just the card to send to a school teacher I think!

Willy said...

Wonderful card, Karen. Great use of the bird cage!

Di said...

Ha ha, I love this Kaz x

Karen said...

LMAO.....totally brilliant my lovely!!!!! HUGS XXX

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, I love this! It would have been brilliant anyway but the bird poised on top of the cage is genius, fab stuff!

Janice said...

That's a great card Kaz, I'm sure we have all felt like the boy in the cage and hopefully also like the little bird :p

Hazel said...

Love the idea of this, Kaz - saw it this morning on the S blog and thought how super it is x

Dezinaworld said...

Ohhh another beauty !! Love this one its so much fun and very clever idea
hugs June xx

Moniqui said...

Poor Twinkie lol! ;)) Great card, love the birdcage!

tracy said...

thats fab kaz :)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Made me smile- the little bird is a perfect touch to what is a fabulous idea and card.

scrappystickyinkymess said...

Fabulous. He looks perfect caged :) Love the card!

Mary Anne

Carol said...

This interpretation was a HOOT!!! Poor ole TWINKIE stuck in prison!
What a GREAT idea, Kaz!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Awesome card-I love the cage! Great interpretation!

Buttercup said...

I LOVE this card! It cracks me up! I love the role reversal of the bird and the boy! Clever, fun and beautifully put together!

craftytrog said...

Brilliant take on the theme Kaz!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh this is fab. You are so imaginative!

Fiona said...

very cute..