Friday, 2 July 2010

June 365 Journal Pages

I was slacking a bit this month and ended up doing a few days at a time quite a lot, which is a bit tricky when you don't actually have a memory cell in your body! Still I'm up to date after completing July's pages this morning for ~{Kate's 365 Journal}~.

Mind you, I didn't do a lot for most of the month (nothing new there then). The best day has to have been the trip to The Craft Barn with Di - craft shopping and a pub lunch!


I need to make the entries a bit more exciting though, maybe more pictures although I did get to put the sun on a fair bit.


I appear to have been grumpy again this month - for some reason it happens once a month - how odd?!!!!! But I am allowing myself this one as there's a bungalow for sale round the corner from Lynne and I had to look at it on the net and it had to be bloody perfect for me in everyway (apart from the grass in the garden - couldn't mow it) and it had to be 3 times more expensive than I'd get for my flat which means I have to stay put until I'm well enough to work and can move!

You've gotta love that grumpy dog!

Here's the July pages. I had no idea what to do apart from using the smooshing of Wild Honey and a bit of Worn Lipstick inks and I wanted to use the arms and legs stamps I got from Tracy at the Retreat. I just went with it and ended up with this.



Don't look too closely at the hat, which is a Stampotique stamp, as me and the scalpel had a disagreement. It wouldn't go the way my brain was telling it, so it's messy at the top and part of a swirl tore off! Trust me to get the fiddliest one to cut out.

Doing this journal has taken me in a whole different direction with my crafting as I'm loving the painty inky messy page making and I can see an improvement in pages in this and in the art journal I've been doing. I now look out for things to stamp or stencil. The black and white circles are stamped using the bung I use to get the dregs of medicine out of it's bottle!

Kaz xx

20 comments:

Karen said...

Awe honey...if I win the lottery, I will share some with you XXXX

Your pages are not boring at all you know, though you may think so. They are visually stunning!!! HUGS XXX

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

your pages are stunning! amazing work! blog is looking good too! bigs hugs mandyxxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh the journal just gets fabbier girly, I just adore it. You're allowed to be grumpy - that woulda done it for me too! Like Karen, when I win the lottery, pack your bags. And I'll buy you a diet coke guy to mow the lawn.

Angelnorth said...

Fab journal pages! I think a bit of grumpiness is in order (like you need permission!). Absolutely adore the hot look of your July pages - think we'll get the weather to match?

Cardarian said...

Lovely journal pages - I like beach huts - so nice!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Di said...

Awww Kaz, you're perfectly entitled to a spot of grumpiness. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our day out though, I can't wait for the next one, just don't know why we'd never done it before.

Your pages are stunning my lovely xx

tracy said...

smashing pages kaz :)
liking the colours on julys :)

Kirsti said...

Cool pages Kaz!!! Loving the little houses on the bottom of June and the smooshing is excellent...Kirsti x

Janice said...

I love your journal pages and the hat looks fine from where I'm looking.

Shannon said...

I get so much inspiration from your beautiful artwork. Thank you for sharing it with the masses. I've got to try and do one of these month to month journals next year. Your colored backgrounds always knock me off my feet. I just love them!! They may seem simple and unexciting to you, but to me they are wonderful.

Take care,
Shannon Sawyer
http://SaturdayVille.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

as always, your pages look fantastic. I so wish I'd joined in with this - maybe next year if you do it again

Traceyr said...

Kaz love the June pages especially the black and white frames (I love doing them too) And with the colours used on July pages how could you go wrong it's orange! haha.

As for winning the lottery fingers crossed.

:)

Hazel said...

Love your journal pages - including the ones ready for July - so gorgeous and creative. Shame about the bungalow (would love you to be nearer!) x

thekathrynwheel said...

I just love everything about your July pages - FAB!! The colours are great and I love the extras you have added to your pages. Can you believe we're half way through the year already?! Kate

Carol said...

Kaz, I love your journal pages. I love the colors, so bright and cheery and the funky images you use.
I find your work very inspirational.

Gez said...

Well Done for being up todate.XX Your pages look FAB. Lovely to hear you had fun with Di. Your July pages are looking inspirational. Bit late now but I hope July is a good month for you & don't forget miracles do happen. Fingers crossed for something near Lynne.XX

Anonymous said...

HELP! I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia xyzrxyz [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. xyzrxyz [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz They’re coming back now. xyzrxyz [url=http://pills.buypenisenlargement.com]vimax[/url] xyzrxyz Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html]vimax[/url]

Anonymous said...

I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement They’re coming back now. [url=http://vimax3-4.com]vimax[/url] vimax Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement

Anonymous said...

Thanks seeking this discriminating article, it's extremely acclaimed blogs

Anonymous said...

О! Saya sudah dimaksudkan untuk posting tentang sesuatu seperti ini di halaman web saya dan anda memberi saya ide. Cheers.