Monday, 26 July 2010

SCD - Circles

I don't seem to have done much crafting lately - I just couldn't be arsed with it - so thought it was time to stop being grumpy and get the stash out. And, as I'm at Lynne's, that meant that Lucy got her stash out and the table ended up looking like this. I gave Lucy the tote bag I won at the retreat, which was made by Karen. She has filled it with her own paints, brushes and inks.




I did this week's challenge for ~{SCD}~ which is to make a tag with the theme being Circles. I love circles. Lucy made one too, but didn't like hers so I can't show it. I thought it was good myself. She's got another project drying at the mo.


I stamped some circles using my medicine bung again with Gesso, then used DI's to colour the tag, then wiped the ink from the circle itself and painted them different colours. More circles are from the sequin waste and the other end of the bung, then I've doodled it to within an inch of it's life.
I've coloured Batboy using Adirondak inks and stuck him on part of a circle. I think there may be enough circles in there!

Kaz xx

15 comments:

Karen said...

hehe LOVE your tag of course my lovely! Awe lovely to see Lucy using her bag but come on Lucy...show us what you made!!! HUGS XXX

Aisling said...

Love your Stampotique tag! Good that you got your stash out again!

Wipso said...

I think it must be the time of year or something Kaz cos my mojo has certainly gone walk about too. I'm sewing all day long but really struggling to be creative. I guess it will return soon....well, I really do hope it will :-)
A x

Anesha said...

Fab tag, love the colours!!

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Your tag is fantastic !!!! love the colour combo,

Carol said...

wow I love it - really love the blue in the background - FAB! thanks for playing along this week Kaz (and Lucy xx)

xx

Kathy said...

The tag looks wonderful, I love it.

That table looks such a busy place to be - you and Lucy must have had a ball!

Angelnorth said...

Fab tag! Love your bung stamping and the doodling looks fab! Hope Lucy is happier with her second project!

Janice said...

Glad you got your mojo going again. Did Lucy tell you off for making a mess lol!

Traceyr said...

oo I love this Kaz. Do let us see Lucy's when it is dry. Please!

:)

tracy said...

thats a great tag kaz,love the circles :)

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh, this is fab! I love circles and I love the way you have incorporated them here. That stamp always makes me laugh :-D

Dawn said...

Lovely tah and I love mark making with alsorts you have a great deal of fun don't you ;0) Thank you for joining in with SCD this week hope you can both join in again next week

Love Dawn xx

Laura said...

Fantastic! Love everything about this. The colours, the interpretation and the fact I like marmite, or should I say Stampotique! Thanks for playing with us. Great make.

Shannon said...

I absolutely adore this piece with Bat Boy. The colors flow so beautifully together. This piece is so awesome you don't need any type of sentiment. I too am a big fan of making circles,dots and what not with odd objects and ending up with an awesome background.