Wednesday, 14 July 2010

SDC #11 Christmas in July

Well it had to happen didn't it? It's July so that means it's time to start thinking about Christmas crafting - well card making anyway, but I didn't want to do a card. I am seriously struggling to get any enthusiasm for making cards lately. So for this challenge I've made a decoration instead, combining both DT's I do!!

For this Stampotique Designer's Challenge which is Christmas in July, you can use any stamps, but obviously it'd be great if you do use Stampotiques. All entries go into a random draw to win $15 to spend in the Stampotique Store which is a fab reason for joining in if you needed one.

I stamped Daniel Torrente's Snowman and gave him just a hint of colour using Copics then cut him out. He is sat on a base of Tando Chipboard that I embossed with Frosted Crystal powder, then coloured with Broken China and Dusty Concord DI's. I've also used a Tando Swirl that is painted with Blue Lagoon Precious Metal paint.

The snowman has little baubles dangling from his arms, but I can't remember where the stamp came from.

Head on over to the blog for more inspiration from the rest of the DT.

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Karen said...

Awe he is cute and looks great on that chippie my lovely!!! But...



...OMG I guess it is time to start thinking about the C cards isn't it? Ho Hum HUGS XXX

Di said...

He is fab Kaz, I love how you've dangled the baubles.

I know what you mean about cards...I really struggle to make them most of the time ha ha!!

Gez said...

FABULOUS tag Kaz. Just love the colours you have chosen. PERFECT.XX Cor, your ribbon is tied beautifully. :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

Oh my gosh! Kaz! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this ornament. The colour is DELICIOUS!

Hugs

Vicki

Carol said...

Love what you have done and LOVE the colors!!!

Janice said...

Those baubles hanging off the snowman look great, what a 'cool' idea - hee hee!

Kathy said...

This is fab. He looks a bit like I feel by the end of winter....

Tracy Evans said...

Wonderful idea for Christmas, I love the snowman holding the baubles and the colours are just fab for Christmas. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Angelnorth said...

Love the arms as bauble hangers, great idea! Fab ornament!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely beautiful tag! The baubles look fab!

Linda64 said...

ooooohhh. What a cutie he is... Love it !!!

Caroline said...

Beautiful Kaz - love the colours...x

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha ha! This is great!
I love the baubles hanging off his arms :-)

Sarah Schwerin said...

This is so cool! (Pun intended! LOL!). That snowman is awesome, and I just love the colours!