Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Tarted mirror

I've tarted up one of those 99p Ikea mirrors that many of us have in our stashes for a Birthday pressie and for the DT on ~{Tando-Creative}~



I gave the base a coat of gesso and spread it using an old credit card so the grain of the would was still prominent and then stamped a swirl onto that with gesso to give it a slight bit of dimension. Once dry, I painted with Sunflower acrylic paint and left that to dry. Next it was a bit of Wild Honey DI on the outside inwards followed by some Aged Mahogany DI on the edges. I went over the flourish with Wild Honey to pick up the texture.

The flourish is painted with Tomato Red acrylic paint, then sprayed with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist before coating with Glossy Accents.

I had planned on stamping into the 3D paste which is one 1 inch sq chipboard, but wasn't happy with the result and I was getting impatient with myself as it wasn't going right!! So I left it textured instead! These have been painted and then had DI's rubbed into them.

The dragonfly chipboard has been painted and the wings embossed with an antique white powder (can't remember the name of it!) which has given them a slight texture.

I've finally finished it off with a couple of blooms - the larger of the flowers have had DI brushed onto the edges.

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

Karen said...

I love the vibrant colours of this project Kaz...really zingy and cheerful!!! mmmm....I don't have one of those mirrors....yet!!! But I have just finished working with that gorgeous flourish :-D

HUGS XXX

Kathy said...

oh wow! this is stunning Kaz. What a fab project - those swirls look wonderful

Sue said...

Karen I was thinking the same, don't have one of those mirrors - yet.
What super bright colors Kaz.
Sue x

Net said...

Wow that's super Kaz!

Di said...

Wow, fantastic Kaz, I love it xx

Angie said...

Wow ...I think this is amazing and would brighten any wall

Carol said...

This is totally gorgeous - love the colours...fab framexx

Gez said...

Love your tarting Kaz. The colours are FAB. Looks like you had great fun.xx