Thursday, 19 August 2010

3D Christmas Tree by Tando

It's {~Tando}~ DT stuff from me today and I've been lucky enough to be playing with this gorgeous ~{3D Christmas Tree}~. It would make an amazing centrepiece on the dining table on Christmas Day, but I'm going to be using this as a decoration.



As the tree itself is so detailed, I wanted to keep the decoration of it simple and have used Viva Decor Precious Metal Paint in Lilac. I've painted it all over, including all the edges of the swirls, twice to give a lovely smooth finish. It is a bit time consuming, but it deserves the best! I've attached a snowflake onto each side of the star at the top. At first I was going to tie a button and ribbon through so I'd punched a hole using the crop-o-dile, but changed my mind and the centre of the snowflake is open so you can see through it, which I like.




I've added a single 'Nail head' to the end of each swirl to give it a little detail there.

There are an increasing number of retailers now selling differing amounts of Tando Chipboard, but the whole range is available at ~{Bubblyfunk}~. If you are interested in the scrummy storage like I have (previous posts) though, that is available at the ~{Tando Retail Store}~

Kaz xx

15 comments:

Kathy said...

That looks lovely, Kaz

Karen said...

Totall gorgeous Kaz!!!!!! Those studs really finish it off my lovely, BRILLIANT job XXX

Paddy said...

Have just got to have of of these now!! Beautifully done, as usual!! xx

Sue said...

How clever and what a lovely colour.
Sue x

Di said...

GORGEOUS, a perfect colour too and those studs finish it off brilliantly xx

Janice said...

Beautiful Di.

Traceyr said...

That is absolutely lovely Kaz.

:)

Jane said...

Thats a beautiful tree Kaz, and I love your colour choice as its my favourite colour. If I done it i'd have typically stuck to Christmas Red or Green but I love your version so much i might try doing something different. thank you Jane x

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is GOrgeous Girl!

Hugs

Vicki

Hazel said...

How lush is that! x

Carol said...

This is a WONDERFUL tree and who wouldn't want this during the holidays? It could be painted any color, correct? Tiny decorative balls could be added. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I llove the weblog

Anonymous said...

Moderators, Please Sorry =)

[url=http://wiki.oracle.com/account/qizedozeyuqit]denver colorado flower delivery[/url]

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!