Saturday, 14 August 2010

First A4 journal page

So far I've stuck to A5 for art journalling as it's smaller while I build my confidence with it, but I have to admit I was itching to go for a bigger size. I was fine with the painting layers and stamping bits and the 'first' which was done by tracing around letters and doodling inside. The images weren't too bad either, it was the actual writing and shading I was nervous of. At school I was told my handwriting was awful and I can't remember ever being taught about shading and highlighting so I struggled a bit with that. Now I've played and fiddled with it, I'm finally quite happy with it -I'm not sure if this will the case a couple of months down the line, I'll wait and see!




The dress and legs image is from ~{Deviant Scrap}~; the cat's hat is a ~{Dyan's Download}~; the buttons are the ones I scanned the other day and I think the rest of the images come from ~{Art Freebies}~.

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

Lythan said...

Well I think the page looks amazing with perfect handwriting. I'm glad you pointed to turbanned Alice with the scary because I do find that image a little freaky but it fits so well with the fab art and what you are trying to say!

Hazel said...

It's perfec, Kaz - look forward to seeing more x

Traceyr said...

Kaz I think it is wonderful and A4 gives you so much more room to experiment with. Keep it up. I do love the word "first" and doodling I must use those buttons too. x

:)

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

Stunning! you did an amazing job hunny, its just gorgeous, love everything xx

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic job with the bigger format, I have the feeling it's going to suit you!

Julia Dunnit said...

See Kaz, I think you're a complete natural to Journals, and whoever told you that your handwriting was terrible deserves a punishment; don't be scared, move on to bigger and just go with your flow...it's marvellous.

Karen said...

You did it...made a start!!! It looks awesome my lovely, love everything everything on it! XXX

Carol said...

Kaz, this is wonderful! I love, love, LOVE the colorful background, the whimsical nature and the colorful buttons! I think it was the COLOR of your work that stopped me in my tracks to ask you to be a member of our team. Thanks for your AWESOME work! Carol