Wednesday, 25 August 2010

(Not so) Sweet 16

This is the first time I've actually set a challenge since becoming a member of the Stampotique design team and it coincided perfectly with Rach's 16th birthday. So the challenge is to make a (not so) sweet 16 card. Now I'm not saying that Rach isn't sweet, she is, but she isn't the type of girl who'd go for the cute images or glittery bags and shoes on a card. In fact, it's down to her that I started buying the ~{Stampotique}~ stamps. I saw Moth Fab and bought it to make her birthday card last year and now I'm on the DT!!!

It would be great if we got a load of entries this fortnight on the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~. The challenge is for Stampotique stamps only this time, but the random draw prize fund has gone up to $25 to spend in the shop, which is a fab incentive to join in if you needed one!

I made her a card and a gift wallet - which 16 year old doesn't want money for their birthday so their aunt doesn't get anything unsuitable?!!



I thought I'd go for a striking and funky colour scheme (I love it so I hope she does). I wanted to use Moth Fab's body as Rach wears some fab dresses teamed up with some boots that are very similar to those on the stamp. However, I didn't want the complete same image and Prom Queen does have the best hairdo (again, my opinion) so we have had a bit of a head transplant!!

The patterned papers are MME Ooo La la and the 16 is a CuttleKids die. And, of course, there's a bit of doodling.

The gift wallet uses the same head transplant technique and black embossing and manages to use up the little bits of scrap! Inside I have stamped Karin as she's a bit like me - only I would kill for legs like those!



Kaz xxx

22 comments:

Karen said...

TOTALLY perfect for Rach Kaz!!!! I love the head transplant thing & I have done that a few times with these stamps now...but used real faces...always brings a giggle!!!

Happy Birthday for Rachel XXXXX

Bluefairy4U said...

Wow Kaz, this is awesome as young girls say.- not me I'm an olde but mean it. Really love your card and gift wallet, how clever, just love those stamps, must be honest I do not have any but must look into this. Happy Birthday to your daughter Rachel, I have a Rachel too. Big hugs all around. Jo.xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic card and gift wallet set - perfect for a 16 year old not girly girl! Great head transplants - new career beckoning for you?! :haha:

Sue said...

Great theme Kaz, made me think a bit!! Love your cards!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Kaz, this is entirely too much fun! Love the colors and the "head transplant" LOL! Thanks for suggesting a great theme!
Val :)

Willy said...

Your interpretation of the theme is great, Kaz!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGOEUS .. I would have loved a card like that when I was 16 - actually, I still would :O))

Hazel said...

Fab card - just right. Saw the challenge this morning - although I've got some Stampotique stamps, don't think I've got any appropriate ones. The daft thing is that mum gave me a couple for my birthday that would have been good for last time's wings challenge - and I forgot to do the card in time - d'oh x

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

amazing cards hunny, gorgeous as always :)

there is an award for you on my blog, big hugs mandyxx

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is stunning.
Love the queen.

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is a fabulous challenge and I love your card! the orange is fabulous


Hugs

Vicki

Kim said...

Oh this card is awesome Kaz! So bright and cheerful....thank you so much for the great challenge this time!
:)
Kim P.

Carol said...

These are stunning Kaz - loving the bright colours - hope that Rachel had a brill birthday xx

Di said...

Oooo, fabulous Kaz, perfect for Rachel. I LOVE the bright colour scheme too xxx

Moniqui said...

Super! I am sure your niece will be very pleased!

Kathy said...

These are fantastic. The papers are soooo perfect for a not-so-sweet theme and the stamps are always fab - as is the way you put it all together!

Paula Gale said...

Hi Kaz

these are brill cards and money wallet - and an inspired idea to change heads LOL

Paula x x x

Ingen said...

I love the challange you gave use and the items you made for you daughter are just perfect!

Ellis said...

Amazing card, love the colors and the gift vallet! =)
Hugs, Elenor

craftytrog said...

Wonderful card & gift wallet Kaz! Love the colours you used!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hee, hee hee! Love the head transplant! I know all about appropriate Aunties. Fab gift card holder as well. I'd be Karin too! Thanks for visiting my blg and "getting it". :D xxD

scrappystickyinkymess said...

I've been hunting and hunting and think this post is the one that sparked off the idea for me to put a BIG Stampotique head on a little body! I remembered MothFab was involved and "head transplant technique" just sounds so right and I totally recognise the card, which I love! What a relief to figure out where I got inspired :). Thanks for it.

Mary Anne