Tuesday, 7 September 2010

September pages

I'm even later this month with the September base pages for the ~{365 Journal via Kate's Blog}~, but here they are. Very quickly made too - I'm working on the assumption I'll be adding more to it as the month progresses! They were very simply Distress Inks + water + smooshing, add a bit of DI around the edge, a smattering of a text stamp and white dotty pen bits. I got a new white pen - it's a painty one and is gorgeous. Much better than the Ranger ones as I've often struggled with the bally thing. The images, which I love, are by Itkupilli.


I've also done a very quick A5 page in a new journal. I have so many manky pages in my first one that I don't like, so I thought I'd start a new one and keep the old for trying techniques etc.
Of course, I had to mess up the first page. I did a stamp but didn't like it so I put a load of gesso over it and used the heat gun to dry it, which made it bubble a bit! What I did like is the fact it hadn't dried the thicker bits so when I added DI and chalks over it, it took the top off so it's got a lovely texture. I've used another Itkupilli image and lots of stamps.


Kaz xxx

8 comments:

Di said...

Wow, gorgeous art journalling again Kaz. It makes for better art when you embrace your mistakes too ha ha! xxx

Janice said...

ooerr I'm a bit worried about old father time waiting there with his scythe :o Lovely page though pretty swirly things.

Suzie said...

LOVE that journal page Kaz! Your September pages are fab too!!! (I'm ashamed to say I only managed to do January!) xx

Paddy said...

Gorgeous as usual Kaz!! Love the colours on both. How do you do the circles?? xx

Traceyr said...

Those poor dollies on your calendar pages look like they have had a brilliant night on the town! Love the colours on the journal page too. As the Tim Holtz stamp says "embrace imperfection" enjoy your mistakes. :)

Kathy said...

ooooh beautiful blues, Kaz. Both projects look wonderful - I love the quote on your art journal pace.
Please tell me more about your white pen - they are the bane of my crafting!

Karen said...

ooo I am loving the colours of your pages Kaz. Itkupilli has some wonderful downloads doesn't she? Have you used your new A4 size for your journal my lovely? Love the sentiment but , you know, your earlier journal looked fabulous to me XXX

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh lovely. I love the way you have used Itkupilli images :-)