Friday, 29 October 2010

Better late than never

This should have been ready to go onto the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ on Wednesday for the new challenge which is to make something Spooky or Creepy. Unfortunately I've got shingles which has knocked me a bit sideways but, being the stubborn moo that I am, I decided I was going to finish what I'd started. I had a birthday recently and, as well as shingles, I got a voucher so I could buy myself some of Dyan's Dylusion spray inks, so I needed somewhere to store them. I had already saved this box to use for something and it fitted the bill perfectly.

*please excuse the poor photography, I'm not up to repeating the photos today and I wanted to get this loaded!*
 


I used some gorgeous spider paper for the base that I got from ~{Net}~  in with my card and then stamped and embossed loads of Stampotique images with black embossing powder. I've coloured them all using DI's as watercolours.



They've been stuck on using silicone glue to give dimension.


It'd be great if you joined in the fun. This challenge is to use ~{Stampotique}~ stamps only if you want to be in with the chance of winning the very generous $30 voucher to spend in the store. Carol and Jim are now back from their holiday and will be catching up on the orders made while they were away.

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

Karen said...

WOW!!!!! This is fabulous honey!!! All those creepy guys in one place hahaha! Did you colour the box black? xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic box - so much cutting out though, you must have the patience of a saint! Hope they scare any potential spray theives away!

Linby said...

Sorry to hear you have shingles. This is great and practical too.
Linbyx

Gez said...

Great way to store your inks Kaz. Hope you are feeling a lot better today hun. FAB box.xx

Dotty Jo said...

So sorry to hear that you are poorly - take it easy sweetie! This is a fabulous project. I am about to start work on something similar, but without any Stampotique cuties I'm afraid it ain't gonna look a patch on this! Jo x

Kathy said...

Fab project Kaz and a great storage idea - that would make me smile every time I looked at it
Take care of yourself, won't you?

Traceyr said...

What a wonderful weird wacky ink spray box Kaz I love it!

:)

Lynda said...

Love it! I need more of these spooky characters lol.

Lynda xxx

Willy said...

What a wonderful and funny box for your spray inks! Hope you're better now, Kaz.

Anesha said...

Love your box!!!

Carmen said...

Brilliance! Just love it! Hope you are feeling better soon - nothing wrong with the photos btw ;)

tracy said...

very nce kaz :)

Janice said...

Love what you have done with this. Lovely lovely inks from Dylusions and so cute in their spooky box.

Hazel said...

This box is just right - and the spray inks sound interesting (might have to investigate them) x

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wow, Kaz! Unreal! This is a great container! This would entice me to use my spray inks more! LOL! You sure rocked this challenge with all that cutting!
Cheers,
Val :)

My crafty dog and I said...

Love it!! hope you're feeling better. Sam x

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! this is sooo frickin' FANTASTIC!!!! So sorry to hear of your shingles...sooo painful! Get well soon! xxD

thekathrynwheel said...

This box is just FANTASTIC!
Oooh, shingles is nasty, get well soon x

Gini said...

WOW Kaz, I wish my spray inks lived in a fabulous box like this one. The shiny black background is perfect for the way you've used the stamps!
Hope you feel better soon :-)
Gini
xx

Dylan said...

I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one....and I want it NOW !!! x