Friday, 4 February 2011

Tando Creative photo frame

I've been playing with the ~{Valentine Symbols Set From Tando-Creative}~   and have used the funky 'love' to decorate a photo frame.  I decided to use the 'less is more' style as what could show love more than a girl with her dog? This is my niece, Lucy, and my hairy niece Jessie! Partners in crime they are!




I have painted the love using acrylic paint. I always take the extra time to paint the edges - if you do this I would advise you to paint the edges first and leave the front until last to give it a smoother finish. I doodled around the letters to make them pop, then used a couple of layers of UTEE. The frame itself is just a very cheap wood one painted with black acrylic paint.

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

Gez said...

Absolutely super Kaz. What a wonderful keepsake. Love how you have matched the colours of the letters with Lucy top. Gorgeous. :)

Angelnorth said...

Fab way to use a big word, love the doodled edges to the lettering!

Janice said...

That's great and matching Lucy's top really pulls the whole thing together.

Karen said...

I love that this is simple Kaz...all I can see are Lucy's eyes!!! Great work xxx

Kathy said...

What a great project Kaz. That photo si fab!

Traceyr said...

Wonderfully creative Kaz. :)

Zoechaos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoechaos said...

Sorry Kaz bad link. I'm trying to invite you to enter your Tando winged heart, on the Tando blog, in our new challenge Just for Fun

I'll not try the link again but hope you find us. XOXO zoe

Ann said...

Love it. It's a gorgeous photo that you have enhanced with the green letters on the black frame. well done!