Friday, 25 March 2011

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary Mum and Dad

I can't even begin to get my head around being married to the same person for 50 years! But Mum and Dad have managed it and stayed relatively sane!

I saved these hearts from ~{Tando}~ especially for this card when I received them for DT-ing. I ran the large heart and the photo frame (also from Tando) through the cuttlebug embossing folder. I did wonder how it would go as I know how sturdy the chipboard is after battering it about a lot in the past, but it embossed beautifully and I shall be doing it more often.



I've painted it with gold acrylic paint, then used some metallic rub-ons to highlight the embossing and finished off with throwing loads of flowers at it!! The '50' is stamped with ~{9200 Random Acts Alphabet}~ by Janet Klein for Stampotique.

As Lynne and I have given them tickets to see ~{Million Dollar Quartet}~ we needed a wallet to put the tickets in. I had to use non-Tando chipboard for this (sorry Di!) and did exactly the same with this. The base is half a sheet of Bazzill card folded in on itself and stuck at the sides - very simple to make. The 50 for this is a Tim Holtz Alphabet die.



Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Totally awesome - they are gonna love this gift, who wouldn't. xx

Netty said...

As usual Kaz such beautiful work. Your parents are going to adore this gift. Annette x

Janice said...

Absolutely stunning. They will be so pleased. I bet they wonder where the years have gone, we are coming up for 30 years married and it hardly seems possible. Please pass on my congratulations to your folks, I hope they have a great day.

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, these look absolutely gorgeous Kaz! Happy anniversary to your mum and dad, mine will be celbrating theirs before long, too!

Juls said...

this is beautiful and romantic! Hugs Juls

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Huge congratulations to your parents Kaz! Mine will be celebrating 53 years on 29th.

Gorgeous card, frame and gift wallet that you've created for them.

Hugs

Rosie
xxx

Hazel said...

Stunningly beautiful crafting, Kaz - your mum and dad will love these - Happy Anniversary to them x

Traceyr said...

Stunning work there Kaz and happy anniversary to your parents. x x

Gez said...

Stunning creations Kaz. What beautiful keepsakes :) Lovely how they all co-ordinate. Hope your Mum & Dad had a wonderful day & you all ate lots of cake!

Hugs Gez xx

Kathy said...

These are just stunning, Kaz, and I'm sure your folks were thrilled to bits.

Congratulations to them on their very special anniversary

Karen said...

Totally beautiful my lovely! xxx

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/]gaming computer uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i5-gaming-computers]intel core i5 gaming pc uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i7-gaming-laptops]core i7 gaming laptop uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/gaming-keyboards]gaming keyboards uk[/url]