Monday, 28 March 2011

I know I'm early for Mother's Day but I thought I'd blog it anyway

Mum's having a bit too much celebrating lately what with her anniversary and now Mother's Day!! Still, she's worth it.

After all the fiddling and faffing with embossing, painting and flower arranging of the anniversary stuff, I decided to go clean and simple this time.



I've stamped ~{9165 Carol's Flower Large}~ onto some Basic Grey papers and embossed with black powder, then cut out.

Next, I've stamped 'Mum' using ~{9288 Random Acts Alphabet}~ and embossed in black, then carefully cut the letters out. They have been added to circles with silicone glue. It was fiddly, but I like the layered dimension.

Both stamps are by Janet Klein.

I've finished off with a computer generated greeting and a hefty dose of doodling.

Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific card Kaz and mums are always so worth it. Annette x

Kathy said...

It's gorgeous, Kaz - well worth all the effort

Traceyr said...

Stylish and simple works every time Kaz. :)

Willy said...

Simple and wonderful, Kaz!

thekathrynwheel said...

I saw this on the Stampotique blog and commented there too! This is lovely. How do you get a clean and simple card without fingerprints on it?! Gorgeous doodling as always :-)
P.S. You DO need the Distress stains, you DO haha!

Linby said...

I love this - very striking.
Linbyx

Net said...

That looks fab Kaz, I bet your Mum will love it.

Hazel said...

Your mum will love it - super card. x

Angelnorth said...

Great CAS card, well done on cutting out the lettering!

Janice said...

Oh that's lovely - I think I may have to be 'inspired' by your card for my Mum!

Karen said...

ooooooo I love this! HUGS XXX

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

beautiful and clean!

Tasha said...

This is beautifully designed Kaz, i love the punch of colours and the design
love tasha xx

dutchstamptramp said...

What a beautiful card Kaz! Love how you used the flowerstamp

Sandy Ang said...

Such a lovely CAS design with those stamped flowers.