Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Animals and insects

It's my turn to set the challenge on the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ and it ties in brilliantly with my youngest niece's birthday which is this Friday. She will be 12 and, as well as being my crafting buddy, (or should that read stealer of my stash?) she is a huge animal lover. So I would like you to make something using an animal stamp.
I'm being to be very generous and allow the animal to include birds, bees, butterflies or other insects too.
I went for an easel card as I like them!

I've started with a border of hearts around both parts, then tapped an inkpad onto white card and stamped the hearts again. It took an age to cut them out and stick them with silicone glue - what a nightmare on the tiny ones. It got a bit messy.

I then stamped Tune, which I love, and used Distress Inks as watercolours. I love the fact it looks a bit like a Dr Seuss character - I think it's a sort-of dog.

I stamped the Medium Bee onto vellum and added those. I think that Tune could probably float and fly without wings. You only have to look at the feet to see that! And those feet are doing well to hold onto the Birthday greeting.

Here's a close up of Tune and his/her twin.


As it's the first challenge of the month, you are able to use any stamps, but we would love it if you have any Stampotique's that fit the bill. As always, Carol and Jim are generously donating a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals Store}~ for the lucky randomly chosen participant.

Here are the stamps I have used:

~{8511 Tune}~ by Susan Mahoney - she has some wacky stamps in the store!

~{6109 Daniel's Hearts}~ by Daniel Torrente.

~{2168 Happy Birthday}~ by Maryse Carrier.

~{3000 Medium Bee}~ by Jo Capper-Sandon.

18 comments:

Wipso said...

What a gorgeous card Kaz. Lovely colours.
A x

Anesha said...

Great card, love the hearts!

Willy said...

What a cute card, Kaz!

Karen said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo I am loving Tune!!!! This is gorgeous & I just know she will love it! HUGS XXX

Netty said...

Cute and Quirky card, love it. Annette x

Traceyr said...

Love the card Kaz and it is indeed like a Dr Suess character. :)

dutchstamptramp said...

I love those soft delicate colours and all the wonderful elements you put together. Beautiful card!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh that's brilliant - I LOVE the way you have used the beeswings. And yup, it's just like a Dr Seuss book!

Angelnorth said...

Love the wings added to the dog-type-thing! Fab card, bet she loves it!

Gini said...

Brilliant card Kaz, Tune is just completely fabulous because of the way you've used him.
I've not noticed this designer before and she's done some wonderful characters.
It was so worth all the silicone fiddling!
Gini
xx

Paula said...

totally adorable...love the little character

Basement Stamper said...

I love those images they crack me up and love the hearts. Hope your niece has a fantastic birthday!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I adore Dr Seuss drawings and REALLY love what you've done here Kaz. Did your crafting partner in crime love it?! I bet she did :0)

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Fabulous as always, Kaz!
Adorable! So clean, fresh and fun!
Val :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

Thanks for the fabby challenge and I totally LOVE your card

Hugs

Vicki

Debbie said...

Too cute! Love your site too! Thanks for the challenge! My first!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely card.

tracy said...

thats a funny creature if ever i did see one LOL
cute card though :)