Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Stampotique New Release!!

Oh yes!! Carol and Jim from ~{Stampotique Originals}~ have been working very hard to get the 18 new beauties out and there really is something for everyone in there!

You can see them all ~{here}~!

The Design Team have been playing and you can see what they have created on their own personal blogs which you can link to from the ~{Designer's Blog}~.

I have made 2 things to show on the Release Day - I couldn't decide which to blog first so I'm doing them both!


I have used ~{3044 Great Moon}~ by Jo Capper-Sandon
~{3045 Small Moon}~ by Jo Capper-Sandon - for the smaller background stars.
and ~{6017 Quasimoto 5}~ by Jill Penney - which isn't a new release, but works so well with the moon.
The background is made using watercolour crayons and gesso. The colouring is done using Twinkling H2O's.






I just LOVE the new mermaid stamps!! And I knew exactly what I wanted to use them for first off.

When my niece, Lucy, was 3 or 4 she used to get me to read The Little Mermaid to her over and over again. It got a bit boring so I used to change Ariel's name to other washing powders! She would shout 'it's Ariel!' at me and then, if I just called her Ariel, she'd say, 'do the funny names!' So that's why I have renamed the mermaids - I haven't been paid to mention them!

These are all Daniel Torrente's work (as if you needed to be told that).
So we have ~{6122 Smushallaum}~ as Ariel,
~{6121 Smushasha}~ as Persil, and
~{6120  Shumanha}~ as Bold 2 in 1 all on 4" canvases with painty backgrounds.

One of the layers on the background is ~{7098 Tangled}~ by Amy Wilson Wellenstein. It got a bit hidden so I've picked out some of the swirls with pink H2O. I also stamped this around the sides of the canvases.

I'm hoping to get some more made up later this week, but go and have a mooch around the blogs to see what loveliness the team has made.

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Karen said...

LMAO at the mermaids!!!! Totally brilliant work honey xxx

Suzie said...

Lol Kaz!! Love the mermaids, and love the moon page too! Fabbo xx

Wipso said...

Love the sentiment on the card....thinking takes such a lot of energy doesn't it? :-)
A x

Gez said...

FANTASTIC creations Kaz..xx

Willy said...

Gorgeous pieces, Kaz!!

Kim said...

Love Love Love all your new cards!!! They are all gorgeous!!!
Hugs!

Dotty Jo said...

Fab card Kaz - love that little guy and the 'sentiment'! Love your mermaids and that cute story! Jo x

dutchstamptramp said...

Wow stunning Kaz! I so much love the card the colours as well as the quote and the way you used the stamps. And the mermaids are gorgeous too!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow!!! You were loving the new stamps I see. I love the sentiment on the card and the canvas, your niece is going to want those!

Net said...

Wow kaz I'll never look at Persil in quite the same way!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Kaz!!! WOW!!!!! Your creations are AMAZING!!!!!! I love that pink background!! I can't wait to get my stamps!!!


Hugs

Vicki

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic projects - those mermaid canvases are fabulous (and not just because of the alternative names - Disney would never approve :haha:)

patcrafts said...

I am lovin all of your Stampotique art.....gorgeous. xx

tracy said...

i love that saying :) the mermaids are great :)