Wednesday, 13 April 2011

I read the news today, oh boy - Stampotique Designer's Challenge

This time ~{Jo Capper-Sandon}~ is setting our challenge on the ~{Stampotique Designer's Blog}~ and she would like you to use old newpaper/magazines/book pages within your project.

As it is the first challenge of the month, you can use any stamps, but it would be great to see any Stampotique's you have. And, as always, Carol and Jim are donating a $30 gift certificate to one lucky challengee to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals Store}~ and who wouldn't want that?!!! Before I was on the DT, I used to wish very hard that I'd win it as I had a HUMUNGOUS wishlist (I still have)!



I thought I'd go for a vintage feel card so chose to use ~{9154 Little Friends}~ by Janet Klein which I coloured with Distress Inks used as watercolours. I used Wild Honey, Aged Mahogany and Rusty Hinge and then used them to edge the torn book pages and card base.
The greeting is ~{9005 Happy Birthday}~ also by Janet Klein.

I wanted to keep this fairly simple so just finished off with a Prima flower and button and some lace.

Don't forget to keep visiting the blog as more inspiration will be added as the week progresses.

Kaz xxx


17 comments:

Caroline said...

Fab card Kaz, and love the vintage feel...x

Willy said...

Oops... Very beautiful card, Kaz!

Netty said...

Beautiful DT piece. Annette x

Angelnorth said...

Great card - different but still you, IYSWIM!

Karen said...

Gorgeous my friend xxx

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty, I love those little girls and they look great with the newsprint on this card.

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

simple but very beautiful.

dutchstamptramp said...

What a beautiful card in such a nice and sunny colours!

Moniqui said...

That is so cute! I love your header too!

Kathy said...

Kaz, this is really lovely - I love the colours you've chosen - they work beautifully with the creamy background

Sue said...

This is so pretty - a truely lovely card x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful card.

tracy said...

thats beautiful kaz :)

Janice said...

Classic Kaz card! love the 'outside the lines' colouring in, ideal.

Summerthyme Studio said...

Kaz, this is scrumptious!

Debbie said...

Love this! The colours, the girls! Simple but gorgeous! :)

Alison said...

Beautiful inspiring card Kaz! x