Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Sketch

It's time for another challenge from ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and it's a sketch this time, designed by ~{Kim Howard}~ who does loads of work behind the scenes on the blog.

As it's the last challenge of the month, it's Stampotique stamps only this time. And, don't forget, if you enter you stand a chance of winning the $30 Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals}~ Store.






I wanted to combine ~{9216 Pretty Party Dress}~ by Janet Klein with ~{6086 Clover}~ by Daniel Torrente and she needed some arms and legs so I used ~{6103 Twinkie}~ for the arms and ~{6125 Minkygirl}~ for the legs, both by Daniel Torrente. The dress has been paper pieced using various scraps and the rest coloured with Copics. The message is computer generated.

When I looked at the finished 'person', she didn't look quite right, so that's why I made it into a get well soon card! She needed some flowers, but really they had to be a bit droopy too to fit in with the rest of her.

Don't forget to nip over to the blog throughout the next 2 weeks as more DT projects will be revealed.

Kaz xx

20 comments:

Karen said...

Oh WOW Kaz!!! This is brilliant! You have worked your magic again my lovely xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Great stamp combining - this is fab! Jo x PS I've got a candy alert going on until thursday evening!!!!

Willy said...

Fabulous and lovely card, Kaz. Great colours!

Angelnorth said...

Fab composite person - she does look a wee bit wonky but that's just your style!

Basement Stamper said...

thanks for the good chuckle this morning, I love the dress on her and your doodling on the framing.

Janice said...

You certainly made me laugh, poor little girl, not quite right at all lol!

dutchstamptramp said...

How cute she looks in that dress and what a fabulous mix up of stamps! Love your colours too!

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

awsome! you re so creative! i like the baby roses!

Jane Wetzel said...

she really looks cute! great job! oh and I love your kitchen below! :)

Netty said...

Loving this card, droopy roses are so apt. Annette x

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, Karen....where EVER do you get your ideas? Your brain must be super active. I LOVE what you come up with. Your work always makes me smile. Thank you.

Sherry Edwards said...

I love your card Kaz! She looks perfectly fine to me - maybe that says something about me - LOL.

Thanks for your advice and encouraging comments on my sketch, and re the sequin waste, I love your feeling that it was inspirational rather than just copying!!! Yes, I'll go with that.

Gez said...

Brilliant Kaz. Made me smile :D LOve your thinking :) What a dress!

thekathrynwheel said...

Fab, fab, fab, this is a great take on the sketch x

mustavcoffee said...

Hi there, love this cheeky person and her little flowers, fun card sure to cheer anyone receiving it:0) Thanks for your visit and kind comment:0) xxx

Sue said...

What a fab card, it always amazes me how well all the stamps mix together. I love your doodling around the sides - just perfect x

Alison said...

Your card is fabulous Kaz! x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, it's wonderful.

Summerthyme Studio said...

How fun and Funky!

Gini said...

Oh Kaz I guessed all the stamps bar the legs before I got here and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Fabulous - you make the best cards!
I think I need to create a new award; so that you can have the newly created Frankenstein Award for creating new stampotique people from various body parts - 'Cos you definitely won the award this week!
Gini
xx