Thursday, 19 May 2011

Bubbly Retreat

Last weekend it was our third annual crafty retreat at ~{Eaton Manor}~  in Shropshire and it was so much fun again. 13 of us went and, as soon as we got there, it felt like we'd only met up last week!

This is what I made:


I had a bit of a ~{Tando}~fest as I have been neglecting this DT lately. Mind you, I had a lack of mojo for some of the weekend! The desk tidy basket and heart thingy are destined for display purposes and I'm still working on finishing the big case thing. I took the art journal class with the help of ~{Karen}~. I say 'took a class' but I am no expert and am still learning, but I was able to share a few background techniques that I love using. What was really good though was how everyone who did it carried on afterwards and some others joined in too. It was lovely seeing everyone just get messy and painty and be really happy creating.

This is the room in the cottage which could have been designed for retreats it's so huge! PLease excuse the photos as my camera is on it's last legs and doesn't want to focus too well.




Look at all the stash!!! Here's Paddy rifling through Sue's desk - we all took away shopping lists of things we need. Luckily I love spending other people's money and now quite a few are buying watercolour crayons and black and white pens!!



We ate loads (mostly cake) and had a few drinks - I won't name names as I fear I will be incriminated, but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!  Pimms goes down very well on a crafty afternoon (so I've been told - cough cough)! But most of all we laughed all weekend and it was over all too soon.

Kaz xxxx

10 comments:

Sallie Ward said...

It was a super weekend and so good to see old faces again. A couple of new ones as well. Just what Paddy was doing i'm yet to find out, i've not noticed anything missing. I think everyone was inspired by your journalling whether they took part in the class or not.
Sue x

Sue said...

Not sure how that comment appeared to be from Sallie when it was in fact from me :-/

Traceyr said...

Oh wow look at you all! Brings back good memories.

Kaz your makes are great and it certainly doesn't look like your mojo disappeared.

:)

Angelnorth said...

Awww, looks like you all had great fun - glad everyone enjoyed your class, not in the least surprised though!

Gez said...

Fabby creations Kaz..sounds like a great time was had by all!

Janice said...

Looks like you all had a great time, I'm surprised you managed to make so much with all that boozing and cake consumption! Thanks for sharing.

oneoff said...

Looks like a fantastic time at the retreat, and I love your makes.

Bx

Netty said...

It sounds brilliant, great makes. Annette

Karen said...

Awe! it was a brilliant time wasn't it? I adored that box of yours & have ordered one for me now. Your class was certainly inspiring my lovely & it was great that so many just carried on journalling afterwards. As for the booze...hic hic hahaha, HUGS xxx

Kathy said...

Sounds like you had a great time - the projects you've shared here are just fab. |I bet the whole event did you loads of good too