Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Acetate

It's time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and it's ~{Willy's}~ turn to set it and she'd like us to use acetate. I've had acetate in my stash for a while and have only used it once or twice, but I really enjoyed making this one.

To start with, I used  3D texture paste onto the acetate and swirled it around, leaving the centre clear. While that was drying I stamped ~{6092 Carrot}~,  coloured him with distress inks as watercolours and cut him out. I then stamped ~{3046 Floral Flutter}~ on card the same size as the acetate, coloured the images then smudged distress inks onto the background.


Once the 3D paste was dry I just added some adirondack ink over the top and assembled the layers using silicone glue so that the whole thing was in 3D and Carrot was inviting you into his garden. I finished off with computer generated wording.

It'd be great to see what you come up with, but remember this time it's a Stampotique only challenge. Don't forget there's the chance to win a $30 certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals}~ Store.

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Willy said...

Love your 3D creation, Kaz! Such a great idea...

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is such a clever creation. I love your Secret Garden. penny

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic effect with the paste creating a frame on the acetate and Carrot looks fabulous!

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kaz, love the 3D technique!

Basement Stamper said...

When I saw this I gasped! I love the paint on the acetate and carrot is one of my favorites :-)

Paddy said...

Fantastic, as usual!! I, too, love the 3D effect! xxx

Traceyr said...

That is a wonderful card Kaz and love the idea with the accetate. He is a cute carrot isn't he?

:)

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, this is fab, I love the way you have created a window. Very imaginative! And have I told you how much I love carrot?!

Karen said...

wow wow wow Kaz!!!!! This is amazing work my lovely xxx

tracy said...

thats lovely kaz :)
i've been looking for this 3d paste for ages-but can i find it:(

fatmonica said...

It's a great card!I love the acetate and Carrot looks good anywhere!

Hazel said...

That's a great idea to put the 3D paint on the acetate - it's given the card such depth - super. x

Carol said...

Karen, this is wonderful! It's just precious, precious......and I really like the 3-D effect. Thank you for such a great creation!

Juls said...

love this!! I adore the texture of the frame!!! Hugs Juls