Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Recycle

There's been a distinct lack of creativeness around these parts lately, the mojo decided to take itself off for a little holiday and is very slow at coming back. But we have a new challenge at ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ and this time it's courtesy of ~{Valerie}~ who would like us to make use of items that would otherwise be sent to landfill. So recycle something for us to come and have a look at.

I struggled a bit to start with as, due to enforced lack of funds, I haven't bought much lately so haven't had a great deal of things to recycle!! It's torture I can tell you!! Luckily, my aunt came to the rescue by buying me these candles for the table in my kitchen (did I mention I've got a new kitchen?) so I rescued the patterned card and ribbon.



I made a card and matching gift tag using ~{2061 Birds Of A Feather}~ by Maryse Carrier. Luckily I found some cardstock to match and coloured the image with Copics.


I stamped ~{9005 Happy Birthday}~ by Janet Klein and added the ribbon and some flowers.


For this challenge you can use any stamps, but of course it was be great to see any Stampotiques you have. You will then be in with a chance of winning the random draw to win a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals Store}~.

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

Nine said...

So cute !

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic design on that packaging - perfect for the job! On a side note - I can't believe your honeysuckle is out already!

tracy said...

very nice kaz-and you've got a nice ring thingy bit on the packaging too-i'm thinking beads hanging from it for a pendent;)

Karen said...

ooo lovely packaging & what a brilliant job you have made of it too! Love the cards & I bet those candles look great in your kitchen! xxx

Gez said...

Stunning Kaz.xx

Uhooi said...

good work, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, I love this idea, I just snagged some cards that were pre-done and I liked the patterns on them-so will use those. Nice job!!

Willy said...

Great interpretaion of the theme, Kaz!

Jayne C said...

Lovely...AND two for the price of one!!! That's ALMOST another form of recycling!! xx

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is brilliant! Cheery Bright and sooo pretty!

Hugs

Vicki

dutchstamptramp said...

Perfectly matching colourscheme and I love the your cards!

Caroline said...

The card look lovely Kaz, and a great use of the packaging!

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

fab idea Kaz!!!! bright and pretty!!

Janice said...

That is outstanding. You would never know it was recycled.

thekathrynwheel said...

Aha! That's clever! The finished result looks fab :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic recylced work, it looks really fabulous.

Debbie said...

Very creative! Love the colours! Love the birds!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Now THAT's just plain, old fashioned, KEWL!!!! I love the colors that you've pulled from the paper! Perfectly gorgeous!!!
Val :)

Kathy said...

That is one absolutely brilliant recycling job, Kaz!

Carol said...

Incredible. What a mind you have!