Sunday, 26 June 2011

Splattered madness

I wanted to make another mini canvas this time using the Splatters mask by ~{Tando-Creative}~ and 3D paste (I use Reeves). I painted the background in acrylic paint then added the paste through the mask with a palette knife, leaving the surface rough for added texture. I couldn't wait for it to dry, so used the heat gun and this has given it a slightly spongey texture rather than the usual firmness if it's left to dry naturally. I then painted the paste with acrylic paint and when this was dry highlighted the texture with DI's.

Once this was done I looked for a phrase and then found the stamps to go with it. I think with those grins they fit the bill perfectly!


I've coloured them with Copics and given them some googly eyes just to finish them off! I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, but it just felt right!! I finished off with another dose of doodling.

I have used:
~{6108 Karin}~
~{6078 Smile}~, and
~{9112 En Dago en Maschera}~ all by ~{Stampotique}~

Kaz xxx

17 comments:

Sue said...

ha ha brilliant Kaz, just love it.
Sue x

Willy said...

Real fun, Kaz! Fabulous canvas!

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

love the sentiment:D g hihihihi so funny:D

Carol said...

This is great fun! You always do such creative projects!

Angelnorth said...

Fun canvas, the splats are brilliant with the manic characters and I love the googly eyes!

Janice said...

That looks fun!

Debbie said...

This is too funny! Love the sentiment and those crazy Stampotique people! Great splatter technique!

Kathy said...

ooooh I love the splattering!

Karen said...

PML....this is brilliant fun!!! xxx

dutchstamptramp said...

Wonderful card Kaz. Love the colours and those crazy characters brought together in one card. And the eyes of course!!

Juls said...

this is just too brilliant and fabulous for words!!!! Hugs Juls

fatmonica said...

I love this!The sentiment is fabulous and those googly eyes are perfect!

Gini said...

Oh be still my heart, I just LOVE Googly Eyes and they look PERFECT on your fabulous canvas Kaz.
You've made so many wonderful projects since last I was blogging, I just love them all especially your wonderful Acetate idea for a card.

Can you remember who makes the textured white card blanks you've been using and where you got them?

I have been looking without luck for textured card blanks just like them! All I ever seem to find is the docraft ones i.e. Anita's etc and Card Craft blanks that the Card Candy people make and I'm not really satisfied with them (gasp)
I hope you are feeling a bit better lately and can enjoy a little bit of sunshine and fresh air :-)
Gini
xx

Hazel said...

Just having a catch up with what I've missed recently - always inspirational to visit here. Love the use of the mask on this one - think I need to invest in some of the masks (there's always something to tempt me) x

Caroline said...

A great use of the masks Kaz, such a fun canvas...x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

:D Thanks for the smilie on my face. Fantastic card.

Netty said...

Fabulous humour, adore this. x