Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Clean and Simple

These weeks are flying by, it only seems like yesterday the acetate challenge went live and here we are with another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~!

This time it's ~{Joanne's}~ turn to set the challenge and she would like you to make a Clean and Simple card. As it's the first challenge of the month you can use any stamp, but if you have Stampotique stamps it would be great to see them. As usual, Carol and Jim are donating a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique}~ Store for one randomly chosen player.






I love this style of card, I think they are classy, but I know some find the white space daunting. Myself, I have to doodle the edges, I just can't leave them blank!

I doodled the border and then drew coloured lines in bright coloured pens across the card blank. Then I've stamped ~{9165 Carol's Flower Large}~ onto white card, coloured it with Distress Inks as watercolours before cutting it out and sticking to the card. I've finished off with ~{9005 Happy Birthday}~

Kaz xxx

19 comments:

Sue said...

Love it Kaz, especially those coloured lines.
I have a very similar stamp and struggle to use it other than a background image, might have to copy your idea.
Sue x

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

so lovely.

Willy said...

Fabulous card, Kaz!

Karen said...

Gorgeously clean & simple sweetie xxx

tracy said...

very nice kaz :)
i like white space:)

Jane Wetzel said...

love this AND the splat below is an awesome card! :)

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I love the lines you drew in behind the flower.

Nine said...

So gorgeous

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Great CAS work Kaz. The text works well too.

Caroline said...

I love clean and simple! and this is lovely...x

Alison said...

Great card, love your doodled border! x

thekathrynwheel said...

Very lovely, and I do like your doodled border :-)

joanne wardle said...

love it! very CAS. you did a brilliant job

Chris said...

I'm not good at clean and simple Kaz something to do with things keep jumping into my fingers and I have to stick them down lol but you did a brilliant job. your card is stunning.
hugs
Chris xx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

THis is a gorgeous clean and simple card and I love the touch of that doodled edge....perfect!

flutterbycrafter said...

Love this and I adore Carols flower, haven't got it yet though. Love the doodling.

Juls said...

stylish card!! Love the funky flower!!! HUgs Juls

Kathy said...

I love this, that flower image is fab and the way you've used it looks stunning

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful flower.