Sunday, 31 July 2011

Catch up - warning photo heavy!

It's been quiet on the blogging front again with me as I went on holiday and had been concentrating on getting organised with DT stuff and going away stuff. It takes me forever, but I got there. I went away with family ~{here}~ and took a journal with me with pages completed to the point of doodling and writing. It was great finishing the pages each day. Here's a couple of them:




All of the letters are using Stampotique stamps, the large are  ~{7230 Altered Alphas}~ and the smaller are ~{9200 Random Acts Alphas}~. The green circles on Thursday are made using the ~{Random Circles Mask}~  and the ~{Clock Mask}~  on Friday are both by  ~{Tando-Creative}~.

The images are made up from my picture stash which includes freebies, magazine pictures, Tumblefish Studio, Itkupilli - I have them all in a box so I'm afraid I couldn't be more specific.
I used the journal that I used to do the 365 Journaling in. I gave that up as my days were so dull, but my sis persuaded me to start up again as she said she likes to see the pages. So, just for Lynne, here's my August page ready to start again tomorrow.

Again I've used the Altered Alphabet and Circles mask as before and the rest is watercolour crayons and gesso and a huge amount of doodling!

Here's a few photos of the holiday.We had the most fantastic view whether first thing in the morning .....


............... or at sunset


When we were at the house, Jess spent the time on the balcony watching the wildlife or people on the lake


She had so many walks every day and loved it, although she was shattered!


Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Rosa Witten said...

Love it! Glad you had a nice vacation.

Hazel said...

Lovely photos, glad you all had a good time. Well done for doing all the journaling - a great way to remember a special time away. And I'm glad you've prepared August ready for filling in, because, like Lynn, I love to see what you've done - look forward to it x

Gez said...

awe! Just look at Jess! She looks shattered!! Fabby pics Kaz. Sooooo pleased for you that you've had a wonderful holiday! :-D

Your journaling pages ROCK! Super awesome girl! Xxx

Zoechaos said...

WOW the journal pages look amazing and your holiday pictures what a fantastic place Jess looks like she loved it. XOXO Zoe

Angelnorth said...

Love the fact you kept up your journaling arty activities while you were away - the place looks fab, too!

Sarah said...

oooh that holiday home looks super posh! I work in Cirencester and live close by, but not in such luxury sadly :)

glad you had a great time, and I love your journal pages

Janice said...

Your journal pages are so beautifully finished, and the photographs are lovely. So glad you got the chance to have a break - you deserve it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, you journal pages look fabulous. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Karen said...

Wow, what a fabulous place & right on the water too...I would love that!!! I am delighted that you took your journal with you as it will be fab to read later. oooo you are starting up your 365 again....brilliant my lovely! HUGS xxx

thekathrynwheel said...

Your art journal pages are really gorgeous - love the colours :-) And I'm so glad you are back on track with your calendar - it's looking good so far!

Moogsmum said...

Oh look at Jess! She's lovely - you can tell she comes from good stock :o)

We've been past the Waterpark many many times, as Mr Moog's folks live in Swindon, and I've looked longingly at those beautiful cottages. Did you waterski? ;o)

xxx