Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Flower Power

The challenge this time has been set by the very lovely and very talented ~{Gez}~ and the title is Flower Power.
My entry was heavily influenced by what I was watching on tv the weekend I made it - Glastonbury.


~{Minkygirl}~ had to wear flowers in her hair - isn't that what flower power is all about? I've doodled on the flowers and given them a dimensional centre using Viva Decor Gloss pen. I did toy with giving ~{Toby}~ a headband too, after all, he has the forehead for it! Instead I just gave him some flowers to give to Minky that I cut from ~{Abby's hearts}~. All images were coloured with Copics.

These were all stuck onto a base made from card painted with acrylic paints. I stamped ~{Daisy Daisy}~ onto the base and coloured the flowers with my trusty white pen (Uni Posca - best white pen I've found) then dotted the centres as before. I finished off with a doodled border.

For this challenge you can use any stamps, but it'd be great if you use any Stampotique's you may have. You will then be entered into the random draw for a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~. Oooo $30 worth of stamps = how fab is that?!!

Don't forget to head over to the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~  to see what the rest of the DT have come up with.


Kaz xxx

19 comments:

Angelnorth said...

She looks fab with the flowers in her hair (although she seems a little unsure about Toby's offering!). Fab card!

dutchstamptramp said...

Love it when you work with these colours! What a fun card, gorgeous

Willy said...

What an amazing card! Love the flowers in Minkygirl's hair.

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful Kaz, love all the flowers you added on this. Very pretty!

Gez said...

Gorgeous card Kaz. Just love Toby's flowers ♥ and what a background!

I soooooo enjoyed watching U2 at Glastonbury.. WONDERFUL!! to enjoy at blast from the past!!

fatmonica said...

Brilliant card-love the flower tiara!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's wonderful, love the colors and the heartflowers in his hand.

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

awww this is so sweet!!! very beautiful !

Jane Wetzel said...

great ! I love these two!

Net said...

Well I hope Minky appreciates all the trouble Toby went to Kaz ;))

Fabulous card as always.

Karen said...

Awe....I adore this card!!!! xxx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

THis is a fab card...love the bouquet of hearts and the smoooooth background.

Lisa Somerville said...

Just beautiful! Love the added flowers Toby has for Minkygirl!

Kathy said...

awww this is so sweet, Kaz! Love the soft, watery shades too

Summerthyme Studio said...

I LOVE your card, the background is delicious and your colouring is amazing!!!! Fun fun fun!

Hugs

Vicki

johanna said...

love the heart bouquet and the flowers around her head. such great details!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Great card Kaz, I love the flowers and gorgeous colours, Thank you for your kind comments on mine:0) Gay xxx

Hazel said...

Fab - love the colours and the hearts and flowers x

Juls said...

this is so fabulous, love the colours and your fabulous border!! Hugs Juls