Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Sizzling colours

It's my turn to set the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~  and I've gone for a nice and easy one for you.

When I took this week for my challenge back in the Winter, I thought it would be lovely and Summery so I decided to set a colour challenge using the sizzling colours of red, yellow and orange. I should have known better really as I do, after all, live in England. It's been positively Autumnal this month. Rain, wind and grey skies. Yuk. So I'd like you to help entice the sunshine back to help warm up my cold toes!!

I decided to make another 5 x 5 in canvas and did the background using the ~{Shaving Foam Technique}~ that Willy did a year ago. I shall be using this again it was fun and messy.

~{6116 Gobby Lin}~ and ~{6118 Gog Lin}~ are sheltering from the sun under  ~{6112 Tree}~. I've punched some circles from Basic Grey paper, distressed the edges, doodled and added Viva Decor Glossy Gel for flowers on the tree.


I've then used one of the characters from ~{6099 Halloween Cube 1}~ who is looking very cute under ~{6050 Relaxin's }~ umbrella. Just to finish off I've stamped ~{3035 World All Her Own}~ and rearranged the words.
The sun is from a Tando Cogs Mask.


This time it's a Stampotique stamps only challenge, so have a dig around and make me something bright and warm. If you do you will be in with a chance of winning a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals Store}~. Don't forget to link your creation on the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ and head over there to see what the rest of the DT have made.

Kaz xxx

26 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this Kaz

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

GORGEOUS! you can make a comic book:D

Willy said...

Such a great canvas! Love your tree, Kaz!

Anesha said...

Super canvas, love it!!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

HOT HOT HOT!! Love the idea with the trees foliage. Brilliant.

Jane Wetzel said...

This is so cool Kaz! Funny how there are so many Stampotique stamps I feel I NEED! lol

Basement Stamper said...

I love the canvas you created this week, very nice!

Karen said...

oooo lo0ving this canvas!!!! Brilliant idea for the tree, the shaving foam background really sets off the rest & of course the Tando sun is ideal xxx

Moogsmum said...

I love it! I love seeing what you do with your stamps. I have oodles of stamps and never seem to make anything very exciting with them but you are really inspiring me to have another go :o)

xxx

Poppit said...

Totally gorgeous!

Angelnorth said...

Love the tree - fab canvas!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, this is amazing. I just love what you added to the tree - genius!

Juls said...

this is just waaaay to FABULOUS!!! Love the colours and your funky tree, and the journaling is just fab!! such inspirational work!!! Hugs Juls

Traceyr said...

mmmmmmm orange! Brilliant Kaz. :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Kaz, love the tree and I do love the orange shades...x

fatmonica said...

I absolutely love this,it's fabulous!

Janice said...

Love your tree and the journalling words.

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is AMAZING!!!!

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

WHat a great idea for a challenge - love the colours and textures on this canvas.

Hazel said...

Beautiful sizzling summer colours - fab card x

Gez said...

Just FABULOUS!

What a great challenge..xx

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Really beautiful, Kaz!! Love the theme you set this week too! Your most recent work on your blog is so inspiring!!!
Hugs,
Val :)

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kaz, This is gorgeous, I love the tree and all its heart/dotty blooms:0) The characters are fab and all look marvelous in their orange, yellow and red livery, brilliant, Gay xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous piece, love all the circle hearts and the wonderful quote.

Gini said...

OMG I'm in love with your tree and these characters together! Kaz you've created a whole 'nother wonderful world and I want to visit it pronto!!!
Brilliant, especially the tree :-)
Gini
xx

dutchstamptramp said...

Wow what a stunning piece, love every inch of it!