Monday, 8 August 2011

A Bee in My Bonnet Canvas

One of the best things of being on the design team for two fab companies, is when you have an idea and can find just the right bits from both of them to use. It happened last week when I wanted to make this canvas.


My youngest niece, Lucy, was the original inspiration as she has inherited the 'bee in my bonnet' gene that is common in our family! During one particular 'episode' recently, she came out with the phrase which made my sister and I giggle. I knew I had to use it somehow.

I knew that I would use one of Daniel Torrente's girls and a big head and the bees from ~{Stampotique}~, but then Di from ~{Tando}~ released a ~{Bee Set}~  that included a beehive so that just had to become the hat.

I used some of the chipboard clouds from the ~{Grab Bag}~ as masks and sprayed two colours of blue ink onto the canvas then blotted it. I painted the bottom part purple and used the flower from the ~{Leaves 1 Mask set}~ and painted green paint over it. I then painted a separate sheet of card purple and masked the flowers and cut some out. The beehive has been painted with acrylic paint. All of these parts had a hefty dose of doodling on them. For stockists of Tando products ~{click here}~.

I chose to use  the body of ~{6071 Perl}~ and ~{6086 Clover's}~ head and the bees just had to come from ~{3000 Medium  Bee and Tiny Bee}~.

The phrase is computer generated using the font Anywhere But Home.

Needless to say, I have 'lost' the canvas already!

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Willy said...

Such a funny and amazing canvas, Kaz!

Julia Dunnit said...

It's marvellous - and funny! Tell me, do you know what colours etc you're going to use before you set off? Do you ever spend time faffing? It doesn't look as if you do. I demand you come and give me lessons!

Sue said...

This is super Kaz! I so love what you have done with the Tando flower mask.
Sue x

Angelnorth said...

Lost it? How careless! ;o) Looks fabulous Kaz, love the beehive hat!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful canvas, love the image with the beehive had, the doodling on the side and the font that you used on the sentiment is very cool!

Angie said...

This is an amazing canvas...love everything about it ...no wonder you have lost it already.

Janice said...

I love the way your mind (and Lucy's) work, your canvas is brilliant.

Carol said...

what a gorgeous canvas Kaz - lost as in can't find it or lost as in someone now has possession of it...enjoy your time with your niece over the next few days xx

Moogsmum said...

What a fab canvas! i know just how Lucy feels about those pesky bees in her bonnet :o)

xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful - thanks for the smile on my face.

tracy said...

you're so clever kaz,i love this ;)