Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ make us a bookmark

Our challenge from the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ to you this time is set by ~{Kate Crane}~

I am always looking for ways to make art which is useful, something I can use in every day life so what better than a bookmark? You can never have enough of these ... I like to use them to mark pages in all of my favourite art publications! You can make any type of  bookmark: A traditional straight bookmark, a corner bookmark, a swinging tag ... In any style: Vintage, funky, cute or weird. Anything goes! This time it's Stampotique only stamps and if you are lucky enough to be our random winner, you will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Originals Store}~



I created mine using paints, stamps, masks and doodles. 


I did a painty background and used the Tando Sequin waste mask and ~{7134 Mesh}~, then stamped some of my fave stamps (I don't know why I say fave stamps so much because I love them all!) and coloured them using Copics. I used:


I then doodled quite a bit and attached loads of ribbons so that the bookmark stands far less chance of getting lost!

Kaz xxx

16 comments:

Willy said...

Fabulous bookmark and great colouring, Kaz!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Bright, cheery AND gorgeous!!! I just LOVE your work!!!

Vicki

Netty said...

Wonderful bookmark with great colours and images, smashing idea with the ribbons. x

Basement Stamper said...

Great colors and I love all the different images you used on them!

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, double sided! Great bookmark, enough to brighten even a dull read I would think!

Janice said...

Love it!

thekathrynwheel said...

Gorgeous. And I LOVE all the ribbons at the top, what a great idea. Wish I had thought of that. X

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful bookmark, great colors and images. Love all the ribbons.

dutchstamptramp said...

Wow what a stunners! Love your choice of colours as always!

Traceyr said...

Goegeous colour Kaz and love the ribbons on top. :)

Karen said...

oooooo fab fab fabulous my lovely! Love the ribbons to make the closed book pretty xxx

Hazel said...

Totally gorgeous - beautiful stamping and love all those ribbons x

Sue said...

Definitely Kaz style with all the doodling and those fantastic ribbons. Love it!
Sue x

Jane Wetzel said...

love this Kaz...makes me want to go out and paint!!! lol

Sue said...

These are gorgeous, I love the contrast between the pretty ribbons and the quite scary (lol) Stampotique images x

Tigerblomma said...

I just Love it!!!