Saturday, 17 September 2011

Tando Challenge Rustic Charm

This is something I really enjoyed making and it's for the ~{Tando-Creative Monthly Challenge}~ which is in it's second month. This time the theme is Rustic Charm and there are prizes on offer that really are worth winning ~{Click Here To See}~.


I used one of the new ~{Mini Printer Tray's}~ and I have to say they are fab, come in different shapes and sizes and are a bargain. And we like bargains!! They come in layers which allows you to do what you want with them. I just stuck the frame part together to start with and painted it then stuck it to the back once that had been painted, stamped and sanded. I've rubbed ink onto the edges to distress it and then set about putting things into it.

I've used a few Tando pieces for decoration:

The large part of the flower is from the ~{Floral Grab Bag}~
the smaller part is cut from the ~{Flower Row}~
the leaf is from the ~{Tall Leaves}~ and I've trimmed it down to fit
also there's a bird on a branch from ~{Mini Pack of Birds and Branches}~
and I've trimmed down one of the hearts from the ~{Grab Bag of Hearts}~
The links provided take you to images in the trade shop, but you can ~{Click Here}~ to find stockists of Tando products.

All pieces have been painted with acrylic paints. If you have the Tim Holtz Tonic Scissors, they will cut the chipboard easily to size.

I've used a selection of metal ephemera I've collected over the years and each was painted with white acrylic paint which was very lightly dabbed away leaving it looking antiqued. I've also used a pebble I made with air drying clay - you just roll it to size and stamp into it then, when it's dried, I've painted it white then used inkpads to colour it. I say 'you just' but it took a bit of practise before I got it right!!

It would be great to see you join in - you don't have to use Tando products and you could win a fab prize!

Kaz xxx

10 comments:

Traceyr said...

wow that is fabulous Kaz alot of work has gone into that and the outcome is stunning.

:)

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

very beautiful

Hazel said...

Totally gorgeous creation x

Janice said...

That's amazing Kaz. Love what you have done with it.

Karen said...

WOW!!!! this is gorgeous sweetheart xxx

Caroline said...

Its lovely Kaz! Love all the little elements...x

Kathy said...

Kaz! this is absolutely stunning

tracy said...

thats amazing kaz:)

Di said...

This is stunning Kaz, I love it x

Juls said...

just beautiful!!! Hugs Juls