Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge - Altered Poison Bottle

It's time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and this time ~{Maria}~ is setting it:


"I have a new fun and creative challenge for you all this week.  Are you ready for Halloween?  Well, guess what?  My challenge for you today is an: Altered poison bottle.  I have a passion for sweet/spooky bottles and I would love to see your creations using Stampotique stamps.  

WARNING:  Don't Drink, that's Poison!  Happy Halloween Stampotique-creatures!

I've used a cooking sauce bottle for mine. Not that I'm saying my cooking is poisonous! I've also used the dreaded shrink plastic!



I've used the following stamps:
~{Altered Alphas}~ spelling poison and shrunk it into a label.
the skulls from ~{Halloween Cube 1}~ and ~{Halloween Cube 2}~ both on card and using shrink plastic. They came out really teeny tiny so I put one over the first 'O' of poison.
I used Viva Decor opaque gloss pen onto a metal charm base and then added one of the shrunken skulls.



I've used some MME card on the base of the bottle and the tag and added ribbon, Prima flower ribbon, buttons, fibres and black cord to finish the decorating.
I then added the skull circles onto shortened chop sticks.

This time it's a Stampotique stamps only challenge, but if you do this you will be entered into the random draw for the prize of  a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ - always a good incentive!

Kaz xxx

17 comments:

Karen said...

This is just fabulous Kaz. I couldn't possibly pass comment on your cooking but I do recognise that bottle/jar haha xxx

Basement Stamper said...

Love how you have decorated this and the little sticks, would make a fabulous centerpiece for Halloween!

Angelnorth said...

Looks fab! You could write the name of a trick or treat on the back of each skull and have people pick at random what they'll get!

dutchstamptramp said...

What a fabulous idea! Love your beautiful bottle very much

Dotty Jo said...

This is simply brilliant - love all the skulls, Jo x

Willy said...

This is just super, Kaz!

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

the lil' frame pendant is gorgeous:X beautiful !!

tracy said...

very nice kaz:) i love the little skull cameo's:)

Janice said...

This looks so good. The skulls are great!

thekathrynwheel said...

Love this! Putting the heads on sticks was a stroke of genius :-) Fabulously creative x

Sue said...

This is fab Kaz, i love your skull in a frame, reminds me of the family portrait lol. My shrink plastic's gone firmly back in it's box! x

Hazel said...

So many gorgeous projects to catch up with (sorry it's been a while since I visited and commented) - this jar is now totally unrecognisable from what it would have been at the beginning - very creative and clever. And that Tando angel is superb. x

Gini said...

My goodness I've missed so many posts and wonderful projects and cards you've made.
Do you know that from your photo the skull's on the sticks look very lightbulb shaped, now sometimes photo's give an unrealistic look to things but there has got to be a make in that, with the skulls as lightbulbs don't you think???
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Spooky Printer tray.
Your wine bottles are great, your art teacher didn't know squat!
ADORE your cards made using the Tando chipboard book plates and also Kathy's sketch with the poodle doodle :-)
Gini
xx

Summerthyme Studio said...

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cool Kaz!

Hugs

Vicki

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous idea, a wonderful bottle.

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Looks suitably spooky and fab. I have been mucking about with the shrink plastic too but I think it is possessed with a Mind of its own.

Gez said...

Can't believe I haven't left a comment!

Kaz your bottle ROCKS! I love the black thread around the lid it reminds me of spider legs trying to grab something!!!

Great minds using shrink plastic!!

Gez.xx