Friday, 18 November 2011

Sheldon's purrfect kitty


This post will only make sense to those who watch The Big Bang Theory. When I saw the ~{Nerd Cat}~ stamp on the new release, I knew it would be perfect for a little something for my nieces. Not saying they are nerds, it's just we appreciate the geek as their dad inks and writes for comic books and it seeps into everyday living!!



I used one of Tando's ~{Gothic Arches}~ to make this piece and I painted it with gesso which I then heated to get this gorgeous bubbly texture before painting with acrylic paints. I used ~{Mesh}~ on the background and spray ink and lots of doodles before adding the image and verse.

I got the gesso VERY hot to make it bubble as much as possible and it had no effect on the chipboard base. It remained flat and had no bend in it at all, which is one of the reasons I love using ~{Tando}~ products - they can take a bit of Kaz battering as I am not know for being delicate!

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

Angelnorth said...

This is fab, even for somebody who has never seen the Big Bag Theory! Love the bubbled gesso background and that cat is great!

Jane Wetzel said...

very cool Kaz- I for sure am going to now try that bubbly gesso! tfs

Gez said...

FAB arch Kaz. What wonderful words! I need some tips as I can never get my Gesso to bubble!

Janice said...

Where have I been? Your bloggie has had a totally fab makeover and I love it! Cute kitty.

Sue said...

I love this Kaz, it's perfect for Sheldon's cat Zazzles lol. I love the colours you've used x

Karen said...

This is brilliant my lovely! xxx

dutchstamptramp said...

Love this one Kaz. The colours are wonderful and I love the words.

Juls said...

This is just brilliant!!! I love watching the Big Bang Theory!! Love the fact you have taken inspiration from that and made this gorgeous work of art!! so creative!!! I Love it!!! Hugs Juls