Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge - Non-traditional Christmas Card

It's another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and this time it's the turn of the very talented ~{Vicki}~ to set it. She would like you to make a Christmas card without using the traditional colours of red and green.

I have made very few Christmas cards this year. Life's too short to be getting my knickers in a twist each year panicking that I need to make them all and so I bought some after last Christmas! I did enjoy making this one though.


I'm being sneaky on this one as I don't often make red and green cards and I already had these brown and blue Christmas papers! So I've used a non-traditional stamp to make my tree.

I've used ~{Pretty Party Dress}~ stamped onto the papers and cut out the layers individually. I've doodled on the part of the layer that had no border around it so that each piece matches. I've then drawn onto the stamped image for the top 3 layers as below:


.... and again cut them and doodled the borders. I stuck them on with a little gap between each piece and then finished off with ~{Text Star with Tiny Star}~ stamped onto one of the papers and a doodled border.

This time it's a Stampotique only week so dig out those stamps and join us and fingers crossed you could win the prize of a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ and let's face it, what a fab early present that would be! Head over to the ~{blog}~ for inspiration.

Kaz xxx

18 comments:

Gez said...

Now that's clever Kaz!

Gorgeous card ♥

Suzie said...

Very clever Kaz!!! Lovely card :)

tracy said...

that's super clever kaz :)

Angelnorth said...

Great creative use of the stamp, love the card!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Oh my gosh! This is TOTALLY Brilliant! I am absolutely going to case your idea for some Christmas Tags I need to make!!!! And your Kitty creation is the Cats Pajamas!!!!

xo

Basement Stamper said...

now that is very cool! great job thinking out of the box and that is one of my favorite color combinations!

Karen said...

Very clever and very effective my lovely xxx

Willy said...

What a great idea! Love this, Kaz!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great idea, looks fabulous.

dutchstamptramp said...

What a wonderful idea for this card. Love it!

Traceyr said...

Love this one Kaz well done you x

:)

Lavender Rose said...

I love blue and brown together. Your card is fab and what a clever idea!

Laura said...

Great idea and very effective. Clever you.

thekathrynwheel said...

Very inventive. I had no idea your tree was a dress!

Juls said...

brilliant!!! Love the soft colours and the C&S look! Hugs Juls

Gini said...

I couldn't think of anything for this with none of my S* stamps being christmasy but you are a GENIUS for thinking this beauty up!
BRILLIANT :-)
Gini
xx

Sue said...

This is brilliant Kaz, a really lovely card and soooo clever x

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Kaz, as always, you're brilliant!! Love the color combo and the fabulously stunning clean layout!!!