Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Tando Challenge ~ Brown and Blue

This month's challenge on the ~{Tando-Challenge Blog} ~ is to use brown and blue - always a good combination in my eyes. I made a mini canvas, it's 5 x 5 inches.



I've used the ~{Mini House and Fence Pack}~ and glued book pages to the houses and painted the roofs with acrylic paint before using Glossy Accents on them. I used a cotton bud to add ink to the edges of the houses. The fences are just painted.
I took one of the words from the ~{Home Sweet Home Plaque}~ and painted and Glossy Accented that.
The base of the canvas is acrylic paint with an inked edge. I thought the edge looked too heavy so I've wiped a lot of it off with a baby wipe which helped to age it. I then used the smallest size of the ~{Sequin Waste Mask}~ to create some interest. I wanted to keep it looking relatively plain.

There are still 3 weeks left to do the challenge, you don't have to use Tando products, but if you have some that would be fab. And you could win a ~{Prize}~ You have to check out the products you can choose from if you win!

There's inspiration on the ~{Blog}~ so go have a peek.

For a list of stores stocking Tando products click ~{here}~.

Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Karen said...

I really like this Kaz, hope you hang it up somewhere my lovely xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fab little canvas, love the wordy houses!

Suzie said...

Gorgeous Kaz! Really lovely xx

tracy said...

kaz,that's beautiful:)

Gini said...

This is lovely Kaz (even though I really don't like that colour combination at all), I don't want to miss a Tando challenge but I am so uninspired, although I wasn't sure if I could get away with turquoise and pale beige but seeing as you've used turquoise I think I'll be OK!
Gini
xx

Gez said...

Scrummy canvas.xx

I must get my act into gear and get over to Tando..thanks for the nudge.xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Love the simplicity of your design, it really rocks!