Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Journalling

I've been doing a few pages in a new journal that I got for 2012. I thought it would be good to see how I'm progressing as the year goes by. I'm using a couple of inspiration sites that have started this month, but I'm only doing the prompts that say something to me as I'd never keep up with either on their own!

This is using ~{Effy Wild's Book of Days}~, the prompt being: what are you looking forward to this year and use a tag.


I went for a very neutral page using colour on the tag only. The head is ~{Clover}~ by Stampotique and the swirls are Autumn Leaves. The rest is doodling and shading.


The tag is a base of Distress Stains with stamps I think by Paperartsy and doodling using a new colour ink and dipping pen. I LOVE the Olympics, always watch it and we got tickets to see some swimming and I can't wait. We did apply for lots, but are happy to even get to one event.

This next page is inspired by ~{Milliande's Seed Journal Day 5}~ I've enjoyed watching Milliande make art on YouTube for a couple of years now. She makes it look so simple!!


I've used acrylic paints and white gesso for this and added white and black pen for the rest. It was so much fun to do. I've added a quote I like - I do the art journal for me, some pages might not be great and won't be shown, but it's the fun I have making them. This idea has been carried over onto this next page, using another quote that is true for me


This was done in a completely different style to what I usually do, but I enjoyed it. Creating pages is a distraction from feeling pants!

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

inkypinkycraft said...

Some very different but great pages, never tried journaling.your pages are great, love the detail in the purple one!hugs trace x

Angelnorth said...

And long may you be distracted - fab pages! Your purple flowers are fab and I love the coloured tag on the neutral page!

patcrafts said...

Gorgeous journal pages they are all so different which is nice, particularly like the seed one it's lovely.

Gez said...

Fabberooney pages Kaz.. I LOVE ALL 3 ♥♥♥

Can't wait to see your pages IRL!! It is always wonderful to see your pages, these def look like you had lots fun. I am happy they bring you pleasure and I'm glad you can share some of them with us. Thank you.xx

I am excited you are going to the Olympics!!!!

Traceyr said...

Inspirational pages Kaz and all of these are stunning for different reasons.

So glad to hear that someone got the Olympic tickets they wanted. :)

Kath said...

Great pages, Kaz and I think the last one is just beautiful.

Di said...

I love all you pages Kaz, the last one is my fave....it is so you :o) xxx

tracy said...

lovely pages as always kaz.....we care xx
especially liking the last one-might have to borrow that idea :)

Karen said...

These are all very special my lovely xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, your pages look wonderful, really great.

Hazel said...

Love your journalling - as for the things you're looking forward to, I hope they all go well, but especially the last thing you've written - that you feel better hugs x