Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Stampotique Designer's Challenge - Oodle of Doodles

It's time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and it's my turn to set it.

I can't draw which is why I love stamping! I'm trying to work on my lettering, but some of the DT can do either or both and I am constantly in awe of their talent. I used to be frightened of doing anything freehand, but now I can't stop doodling and if I can do it, anyone can.
Whether it's a few dots to highlight or a simple border, right through to drawing an accent on a stamp, I'd like you to do something freehand on your project.

I've used ~{Oh Boys!}~ onto white card and just needed a black pen for the edging. I then added a few more blue dots of different sizes to fill out the space. On the stripey paper I used a Uni Posca white pen to make a border and then added the black onto it.
I always use 2 lines of black pen for borders because it doesn't matter if you have a shakey hand and then added some dots to the corners for a bit of shading.
I've also used ~{Happy Birthday}~



On this ATC I've used a different border and added some border doodling to the clouds with the finest pen I have. I use a 005 Micron pen. I've stamped ~{Old Timey Frog}~ and given him some grass to cycle on, then used the 005 pen to draw some grass sprouts for interest and some lines to try and make it look like he's moving. Not quite sure I succeeded there!


Don't forget to head over to the ~{Challenge Blog}~ to see the gorgeous creations from the team and dig out your Stampotique stamps and join in. You could win the random draw for a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

21 comments:

Gez said...

Love how you have used your doodling as accents Kaz.. I am always in awe of your superb creations. Thanks for a fabulous challenge.

Willy said...

Both are wonderful, Kaz! Great theme!

Karen said...

ooo a mass of doodling - love it!!!
Brilliant card...that stamp always makes me laugh as it looks like they are in a washing machine (or is it meant to?) hahaha! Pretty little atc and yes, you got the movement right my lovely, HUGS xxx

Artyjen said...

Think it's fabby doodling! Love the three boys card ;)
xoxo Sioux

Fiona said...

Excellent challenge Kaz - love your doodles - the card is excellent and the ATC is sweet :)

Netty said...

You are obviously having a fab fun time with great results. x

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

fantastic challenge Kaz! it was a new experiment to me! beautiful creation

Basement Stamper said...

Great challenge, love the border doodles you have done-especially on the frog card.

Summerthyme Studio said...

I think both of your projects are very successful.......downright gorgeous woman!!!!

XX

Vicki

Jane Wetzel said...

very fun challenge since I LOVE to doodle! Great job!

Angelnorth said...

Fab doodling - erfect finishing touches! Those boys look like they're on a spin cycle! (no? just me then?!)

Michelle Webb said...

Well I just love these two designs, and I love the doodling too, will have to get a better pen for my doodling. Michelle x

Traceyr said...

I too thought these boys were in the washing machine. Dirty boys lol.

Love the doodling as ever you are my doodling guru. x

:)

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Can't even tell you how much I love your doodling!! What a great theme for a challenge! And believe me - it was a challenge for me!! LOL!! I had lots of fun with this one... I'll have to try doodling more!
Cheers,
Val :)

Jackie said...

Two fabulous cards!

dutchstamptramp said...

They are both fabulous Kaz! Thank you for setting such a fun (an bit scary :-)) theme!

Gini said...

Both are gorgeous, you design just the bestest cards.
You've drawn your clouds like a pro on Froggies ATC, I think you are too critical of your own (fab) skills my dear!!!
Gini
xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Great cards! I can clearly see your trademark doodling :-) I enjoyed this challenge - thanks!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hello there Kaz, Brilliant subject for the challenge and I love your cards! The first is my favourite. Your layering and choice of colour/design is brilliant, doodling around the edge has finished it beautifully. I love the little frog's border too it's very stylish:0) Gay xx

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Great challenge and doodles

Sue said...

Thanks for the tip Kaz about the double border line on your card doodles, 'cos I certainly havn't got a steady hand lol. I love your Old Timey Frog, and yes he is moving - at a very stately pace. I know I should say thanks for the challenge but boy this tested me, I'm no artist or even a doodler that why I loves my rubber :o)