Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Stampotique Designer's Challenge - Out of the Box

The weeks seem to be flying by (and we still appear to be lacking a summer) so it's time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~. This time ~{Val}~ is setting it and she says:

we all get used to our usual way of working, our favourite supplies, tools, styles and themes so it's time to try something new, get outta that box, and enjoy it!!!

Oh dear Val you made me think and struggle! I've never warmed to scrapbooking, maybe if I'd had children I would have done it. So I took a photo of my nieces that I took on Lucy's 13th birthday, did a layout and attached the page to a canvas to give to my sister.


I used a Bo Bunny sheet of paper and tore it to 8 x 8ins then stamped a row of  ~{Hanging Hearts}~ across the top, coloured a few and used Glossy Accents for dimension.
I used ~{Abstract Foliage}~ upside down twice under the photo and doodled a border before adding some torn washi tape - I used musical notes as, like my sister and I, they both love music.
For decoration I used ~{Starbird with Chick}~ and ~{Floral Display}~ stamped onto the leftover paper and cut out. I also cut 3 of the butterflies from the paper.

This was definately out of the box and it's good to challenge yourself, but I am looking forward to going back to what I usually do!!

Head over to the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ to see the rest of the team's projects then join us, using Stampotique stamps only. There's a random $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique store}~ up for grabs as usual.

If you fancy joining the Design Team, and it's a fab team to be part of, then scroll down to the next post to find all the details you need to try out.

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

beautiful picture and layout!!!!

Kath said...

How gorgeous. Your sister is going to be thrilled with this lovely craft work.

Willy said...

Wow... this layout looks really great, Kaz!

Ali said...

This is fabulous! I love seeing stamping on scrapbook pages and this is incredible... I never would have thought to use Stampotique stamps to make such a gorgeous pretty page. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Would you mind if I pinned this LO on Pinterest for future inspiration?

Ali

Silvia(Barnie) said...

FANTASTIC, your LO looks wonderful.

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!! Lynne will be thrilled to bits with this Kaz xxx

Angelnorth said...

A fab canvas/LO - nice to see you couldn't resist the urge to doodle though!

Bluefairy4U said...

Beautiful canvas love the layout gorgeous girls bet your sister will be so proud of you Hugs Jo :)

Karin said...

wow, it looks great!

Happy Days said...

Hi Kaz

Just stopped by to thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, greatly appreciated.

Love this LO, my eye was drawn straight away to the hanging hearts - not spotted this stamp before, but completely love it!

Claire x

thekathrynwheel said...

This is definitely different for you, but I love it! great work :-)

Dawn said...

This is beautiful Kaz, you really have done the girls proud. Your sister and the girls will be delighted I'm sure.
Hugs x x

Traceyr said...

This is wonderful Kaz. I think I need to buy those hanging heart stamps. :)

Marijke said...

beautiful layout

Hazel said...

Saw this on Stampotique and thought how beautiful it is x

Sue said...

Wow Kaz this is beautiful, i'm sure your sister will love it. Those little hearts you use so much are so versatile.
Sue x

Gini said...

Well it's so good it's like you've been making them scrapbooking layouts for years!
I'm glad you've mounted it on canvas because it would be a shame if it was in an album in a cupboard, it needs to be seen everyday!
I can see you (the family resemblance) in the niece in the green shirt!!
Gini
xx

Valerie H. Wilson said...

OMG, Kaz, this is fabulous! I would never know that this is out of your comfort zone! I love that it's on a canvas! Your sister is going to love this!
Val :)

Gez said...

STUNNING beyond words. LOVE IT! xx

Basement Stamper said...

What a beautiful layout! Absolutely stunning and I'm sure your sister will love it!