Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Use a Sentiment

This fortnight's theme for the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ has been set by ~{Jane}~ and she would like you to use a sentiment or two on your project.

I really enjoyed doing this one and started off by choosing the sentiment and then let my mind wander.



I masked off a space for the sentiment within a circle mask just cut from paper and sprayed 2 colours of ink. After removing the circle mask I splatted some ink randomly, then removed the sentiment mask and stamped ~{Twinkle Bat}~ doodling a border around the masked area.
I then stamped ~{Batty}~ onto ~{Mad Hatter's}~ hat as I think he really does look worried about what Batty's up to up there! This was cut out and coloured with Copics then stuck in place.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see the team's creations, then join us, using Stampotique stamps only to be in with the chance of winning a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

16 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha! Love this. Your usual wonderful sense of humour shines through!

Gez said...

BRILLIANT Kaz.xx

Karen said...

hahaha!!!!! I always thought the Mad Hatter was batty :D LOoving your use of a cirle again xxx

Willy said...

Fabulous card, Kaz! Great combination of stamps!

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

Fantastic idea! 2 awsome stamps in one!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, love the techniques honey, thank-you for explaining them so well. Lol, will be going on my 'have a go at' list.
Big hugs x x x x

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG! this is so cute! lol

Angelnorth said...

Great combo of stamps, love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful card :)

Kathy said...

ohhh this is fab. so cute and such wonderful colours!

Hazel said...

Wonderful card. And I love the LIM gold card underneath x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Totally magic Kaz, this really made me smile, the background is simply wonderful and the sentiment perfect :0) Gay xxx

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wowzers, Kaz, this is too kewl! I love the masking effects (sheer brilliance). What a great idea for this sentiment - too fun!
Val :)

Karin said...

wow, beautiful!

Sue said...

I love this Kaz, fabulous splattery background, and you are the queen of doodling x

Marijke said...

Brilliant card, love it