Monday, 16 July 2012

Tando Mini's Journal Page

I got my hands on the newly released ~{Tando Mini's}~ last week and even though I'm not at home I had to have a play with the limited supplies I have. The stars go perfectly with the owl I pinched from a Lloyds advert in a paper and both fit into my mini journal which was hand made for me by ~{Dawn}~.


I stuck some text from a magazine onto the pages and painted them with PaperArtsy Fresco paints. I used the ~{Sequin Mask}~ with Wild Honey DI and carefully used the ~{Hanging Bauble Mask}~ so all I had were the leaves.
The ~{Stars}~ had a coat of gesso and were then sprayed with Glimmer Mists. They needed a bit of Neocolor II and some doodling to give them more colour. I used more crayons for the shading.
The minis are thinner than conventional chipboard, although they are still as sturdy, which means they are great for journalling and lighter weight cards for posting.

You can find stockists of Tando products ~{HERE}~.

Kaz xxx

10 comments:

tracy said...

very nice kaz-how big is the journal?

Artyjen said...

Aw...cute;)
xoxo Sioux

Angelnorth said...

Fab use of the bauble branch - great little pages!

Hazel said...

Great resourceful use of the owl - looks just right here. x

Dawn said...

Wow, gorgeous page honey, love the owl and colours. Blimey bet it was fiddly with the mask, great result though. I'm with you on the owl lol, he is sat in my collage box ready to pop on something in the future. The minis are fab aren't they, I had a play with the butterfly's over the weekend.
Big hugs x x x x

thekathrynwheel said...

Hey Kaz, this is cuuuuute! Love the little owl :-)
And I just wanted to swing by and say thanks so much for the lovely birthday card, you made my day! I love all the professional finishing touches - the quote on the back made me smile :-) Thanks sooooo much! Xx

Kathy said...

This is just so cute! I love the way you've done a "make do and mend" act for this - clever!

Samantha Read said...

Such a sweet little owl, a lovely make Kaz :o) x

Karen said...

Gorgeous and fabulous pages my lovely!!!!! I have just set Dawn the challenge of making an even smaller book now hahaha x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful, love the owl.