Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ One Layer Card

This weeks ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the lovely ~{Gez}~ and she would like us to create a one layer card. I used to fear these, but now I'm enjoying them. If I don't muck up the stamping they are nice and quick! This is what I created:


I stamped ~{Little Friends}~ and then coloured them with Copics and masked them with a square before spraying some ink over the top and finishing with some doodling and ~{Happy Birthday}~.

Head over to the ~{Blog}~ and see what the other designer's have come up with, then have a go yourself. The rules have changed and you can use any stamps you like to join in, but obviously we'd love to see you use your Stampotiques. As we are now doing weekly challenges too, at the end of the month there will be a random draw for 2 lucky winners to win the $30 Gift Certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Cool, Kaz, love those blue splatters.

AssiCrafts said...

Great card! Xoxo

Traceyr said...

Great technique with the masking of the image then spraying. ♥ this card Kaz. :)

Happy Days said...

Love this card!

I have to agree about fearing these sort of cards, I was dreading this challenge, but as it was I really enjoyed it and now can't stop making one layer cards!

Claire x

sassy said...

fabulos card love the simplicity....and your brave stamping direct onto card......fab work hunnie hugs sassyxxxx

Hazel said...

Wonderful one layer card, Kaz x

Gez said...

Great card Kaz. I'm like you and really enjoying this style atm!

Matz said...

Such a great card! Georgeous! Thank you - tremendous inspiration. thanks!

Karen said...

I used to be scared of white space too but am now a convert, they are so easy & quick! This is really lovely!!! I must sneek the idea of the masking if thats ok hahaha, HUGS xxx

Reflective Art Studio said...

Kaz-
This is one of my favs... Love the simplicity with a splash of color.
Truly love looking at this.
Sarinda
Stampotique DT

Dotty Jo said...

What a terrific card! Jo x

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

simply beautiful! great stamp

Samantha Read said...

Love your card Kaz xxx

Karin said...

great card, love the stamp you used!

Dawn said...

Brilliant card my lovely, I love the techniques and have clocked them for later use/inspiration, hope this is ok?? Lol, I could do with a master-class from you and Karen in the art of spraying and splatting, my attempts so far always end up looking soooooooo wrong ha ha!!
Big hugs x x x x

Rajasthan Tour Packages said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
france papillon said...

a yummy card, totally different and yet gorgeous! love the stamp you used :)

france xx

Basement Stamper said...

Love the splatters on this card, so cute!

dutchstamptramp said...

Fab as always Kaz, I love the whole idea of this card!

Zoe Sanderson said...

Love this simple and fun card. XOXO Zoe