Friday, 7 September 2012

Happy Birthday Lynne!!

Today it's my lovely sister's birthday. Lynne has always been there for me, especially since I became ill. We live just over an hours drive from each other, but whenever I feel fed up of the situation I am in, she takes me to her house to spend some time with her family and help put things into perspective. She allows me to mother and nag her children, claim her dog as my own and doesn't even mind when my brother in law and I gang up to tease her!

So I made her this card:



These are two of the new Daniel Torrente stamps; ~{Daniel's Tree Topper Small}~ and ~{Daniel's Tree Topper Large}~ because they don't have to be just for Christmas. I've stamped them directly onto the card blank and coloured them using Copics, then added ~{Happy Birthday}~. I added some Glossy Accents to the hearts to highlight them. The only trouble is, I have to add inserts when I colour onto the card itself and that's such a faff!

This is Lynne and I on holiday this summer. They very kindly took me away with them, even though they said it was only so they could use my parking permit!!!!!!


Kaz xxx

15 comments:

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

so lovely!

Vicky said...

What a beautiful card...Tree topper is one of my favourite new images :)

Ginger said...

Love your Card. Sisters are special. x

Annie said...

What a gorgeous card and a really lovely pic. It's good to have a sister like that isn't it.
Hugs,
A x

Willy said...

So cute, Kaz!

Samantha Read said...

Fab card Kaz, Happy Birthday Lynne! x

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous card my lovely, I'm sure Lynne will love it. Happy Birthday Lynne x.
Sisters are soooooo special aren't they, I know I would be totally lost without mine. Another amazing lady who has always been there for me through thick and thin, hell and highwater! Lol, she has been my mum on more than one occasion bless her!! Poor moo pmsl!!.
Big hugs honey x x x x

Karen said...

Awe, Lynn is so lovely!!!! I expect she thought the card was amazing esp as she is the big angel in the middle :D Love these new stamps and puting an insert in is a faff but a small price to pay for such a stunning front hon xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, the angels definitely don't look confined to Christmas! Happy Birthday to Lynne, hope she has a fabulous day!

Basement Stamper said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! I'm sure she will love your card.

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card - hope that Lynne had a lovely day, sounds like she is a very special sister xx

Gez said...

Truly gorgeous card and just PERFECT for Lynne, I hope your sister had a wonderful day yesterday and has a lovely birthday weekend too.xxxx

Traceyr said...

You two look you get up to some right mischief Kaz hahaha.

Belated birthday wishes to Lynne.

:)

Gay Peplow said...

How the heck did I miss your gorgeous card? These are my favourite of Daniel's new stamps and you've made the very best card with them LOL Hi there Kaz, this really is totally gorgeous, clever you :0) Gay xxx
p.s smashing photo of you and your sis :0) xx

Gini said...

You have the bestest sister in Lynne, but then you are rather lovely yourself!
Those D Torrente christmas stamps are great :-)
Gini
xx