Wednesday, 12 September 2012

SDC Colour Challenge ~ Mustard Navy and Orange

It's time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and it's the lovely ~{Jane's}~ turn. She has asked us to create something using the colours mustard, navy and orange. This isn't a colour combo I would go straight to, but I really like it and I think I need to broaden my horizons!

I made the first Christmas card of the year:


I used ~{Tangled Enthusiasm}~ as the main image and stamped him directly onto the card blank (I'm getting brave with this, but I can't begin to tell you how many card blanks get wasted!). We've all felt like this with the Christmas lights haven't we? I've masked him off and then stamped ~{Stringed Lights}~ above his head. While he was masked off I added a mask base to the card. I coloured him with Copics and while doing this I noticed he has a severe case of the Simon Cowell trousers going on. I honestly hadn't noticed it until I started colouring! His lights have Viva Decor Glitter Gel highlights and the string has Viva Decor Gel Pen. I've finished off with a computer generated quote.

Check out the blog and join us if you can. Remember you don't need to use Stampotique stamps for it, but it'd be great if you do. Plus you'll be entered into the draw that happens at the end of the month when 2 lucky winners will receive a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

AssiCrafts said...

Fab card! Love the border where Tangled Enthusiasm is standing on. XOXO

france papillon said...

Same as AssiCrafts: love the card, especially the 'floor' you created ;)

xx france

Happy Days said...

This is fab and like you I actually really liked the colour combo once I stopped freaking about it! x

Sue said...

This is fab Kaz, I love his floor too. Seems like we are all converts to these colours! x

Willy said...

Great take on the challenge, Kaz!

roc said...

Very cute!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Genius. LOVE that floor!!

Jane Wetzel said...

totally LOVE this new image and what you have done with it Kaz! :)

Karen said...

Simon Cowell? hahahahahahaha!!!! Utterly fabulous card xxx

tracy said...

hehe thats lovely-would really suit mike that saying coz he doesn't 'do' christmas very well LOL

Angelnorth said...

Great image and fab card, love the sentiment!

thekathrynwheel said...

This is GREAT, I love it! I especially like the way you have have masked him and added the 'floor'. You are v brave indeed to stamp straight onto a card, I admire your bravery!

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

this stamps is just F A N T A S T I C! your card is always clean and adorable!

Ginger said...

This is lovely. he is one of my favourites of the new images. x

ARTFULwings said...

I just LOVE this card, wonderful colourful colouring and the floor is just fab. Polly x

Samantha Read said...

Brilliant Kaz, love him!
wishing you a fab weekend, xx

dutchstamptramp said...

I just LOVE this card Kaz (as I do all the others you made with the new stamps, totally awesome!)

She said...

I love this...it's fantastic.. S x

Basement Stamper said...

Me likey a lot! Love the light strings hanging over. Great job with the color challenge.

Annes Art said...

Fab. Card!!