Wednesday, 10 October 2012

SDC 69 ~ Scrap It

*shudders* it's that word that fills me with fear whenever I see it!! I dont know why, but it makes my brain go blank and panicky, but the challenge this week set by ~{Jo}~ for us at ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ is to use a photo in your project. If you say it like that, it doesn't sound too bad. I shuffled about bits of paper, photos and stamps for a while and came up with nothing, so I decided I'd do a tag bookmark for my sister with a photo of her dog. Good idea. While making it I remembered she now has a Kindle - d'oh. I'm sure it will find a home. The photo was taken on holiday this year when Jess was on the balcony with her favourite things in the world - balls.


I've painted the base of the tag with acrylic paints and stamped ~{Heart Vine}~ around the edges. I then stamped just the bone flower  from ~{Give The Dog A Bone}~ along the base and stamped 8 bones on card and cut them out to stick on later.
For the top and bottom borders I stamped ~{Steampunk Border}~, coloured it with Copics and cut it to make 2 borders.
I finished off with some doodling and ribbon trim.

We have changed things slightly on the blog. You are no longer restricted to just the week following each challenge, you can have the whole of the month it is set in. So if it's a challenge at the beginning of the month you don't have to panic! At the end of the month the draw will take place to randomly select two people to win the $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Head over the the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see the other designer's Scraps, they are fab!

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

AssiCrafts said...

Awesome bookmark! XOXO

Happy Days said...

Fantastic bookmark - I'm sure your sister will find a use for it (she'll probably have it on display). Claire x

roc said...

Terrific job! Thanks for using my rubber stamps!

Karen said...

AWE! I knew as soon as I started to read down that you would use a pic of Jess! What a fabulous tag for her owner :D Even if she has gone to the other side & got a kindle hahaha xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous bookmark my lovely, you've done Jess and your sister proud, she will love it im sure. Lol I bet Jess would love to get her paws on all those fab bones.
Huge hugs x x x x

Jane Wetzel said...

oh be still my heart...I LOVE dogs and this is ADORABLE! LOVE it!

ARTFULwings said...

Great idea and a gorgeous bookmark - such a super gift (hmmm got me thinking now;O). Polly x

Basement Stamper said...

such an adorable bookmark, I love those subtle colors with the black & white dog photo...perfect contrast.

Traceyr said...

OH Kaz what a banana remembering Lynne has a Kindle once the tag had already been made. hahaha.

I love it with the bone flowers too. :)

sam21ski said...

Great book mark Kaz and your sisters dog is adorable. My dogs favourite toys are his orange balls!!

Sam xxx

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

I wish I had a dog! Who knows maybe in the future! very sweet

Angelnorth said...

I bet she still uses notebooks, cookbooks etc etc - a bookmark is never going to be useless! This looks great, love the doodled border and the plethora of bones!

Samantha Read said...

Jess, your mum has made an amazing tag with your photo on!!! Just love it Kaz xxx

Reflective Art Studio said...

So Wonderful.... I miss my dog and this just warmed the cockes of my heart. Thank you.
Sarinda