Wednesday, 24 October 2012

SDC71 ~ CASE

This week at ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ ~{Jenn}~ has asked us to  revisit the CASE files. She would like you to not necessarily Copy And Steal, but to use a previous Stampotique project as an inspiration point. If you want to try a new technique or style, this is the ideal opportunity to go for it. I made this card:



I'm using a card by ~{Kim}~ as my inspiration. I like the way Kim uses sketches and the structure it gives her projects. You can see Kim's original card ~{here}~.

I took a piece of card I'd previously painted as a background starter and stamped ~{Daisy Daisy}~ along it. I've used a white pen to colour the petals and Viva Decor Glass Pen for the centres.

I then stamped ~{Kitten Sitting}~ and coloured it with Copics and arranged the pieces to follow Kim's LO. I didn't use paper for the base, but added a doodled border to make it my own version.

I've finished off with ~{Happy Always}~.

Head over the the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the other members of the DT have done and then join in with us. You don't need to use Stampotique stamps, but it would be great to see some along the way,

At the end of the month a draw will take place and 2 lucky winners will receive a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx


17 comments:

Gez said...

Totally gorjuss card Kaz ♥♥ I LOVE Kim's sketches too. You have done a FAB job xxx

Karen said...

Absolutely FABULOUS....you know I love cats and these are hilarious!!!!! Adore your journal page below too! HUGS xxx

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kaz xxx

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kaz xxx

AssiCrafts said...

Very cute card! XOXO

Netty said...

Beautiful in pink and a smashing design, x

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

super cute! the stamp is so adorable

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Hi! :)
Your card is stunning.
Love everything about it.
*Smiles, Inger*

Angelnorth said...

Very pink and girly, love the daisy strip!

LindaS said...

Cool colors and totally cute image.

Dlee said...

Love the card, the catsand the pink. Great idea for lots of cool cards.

Sue said...

Totally gorgeous Kaz, this is a great sketch, and you know I love your doodling x

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful Kaz! Although it's Kim's card that inspired you you gave it a real "Kaz" touch!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Lovely.... truly
sarinda

Jane Wetzel said...

nice job Kaz- love the color and yes...Kim does great with sketches :)

roc said...

love what you've done here!

Claire Boelema said...

Gorgeous card Kaz. Loving the colours. x